Registered
132 Posts
BREAKFASTS:
had to buy some oatmeal
going to kill off remaining cereal, had to buy some milk
and bought some bananas for son
Have plenty of eggs.

LUNCHES:
leftovers and roasted veg with ground turkey and rice, had it all already, for me
rice and steamed veg for husband, just had to buy 2 bags of veg

MEALS:
Pasta with red sauce and frozen peas, already have all ingredients on hand.
Beans and cornbread, already have all ingredients on hand.
Burgers and sweet potato homefries, did buy some bread.
Chicken rice and veg, already have all ingredients on hand.
Tilapia, baked potatoes, broccoli, only had to buy tilapia.
Chicken spaghetti, already have all ingredients on hand.

SNACKS:
Parfaits, just needed to buy yogurt.
Smoothies, just needed to buy bananas.
Banana bread muffins--actually have some frozen bananas, but was saving them for this. LOL
Goldfish crackers, my son lives on them, had to buy some.
Pretzels for my daughter, bought some.
U/s applesauce, already have.
Apples and pb, already have.
ice cream, bought some.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Came home with leftover BBQ, baked beans, corn bread from dog club picnic, also have leftover quiche from Friday. Good deal on chicken Friday $1.77/lb for B.S. chicken breasts and need to freeze whatever I don't use soon. I have sausage and okra in the freezer for gumbo if we need something toward the end of the week.

·
Registered
13,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #188 ·
First week of October, not necessarily in this order:

-- smoked chicken quarters, veg
-- patty melt sandwiches, salad
-- sweet & sour pork, cauli rice, vegs
-- corned beef sandwiches, salad
-- orzo spinach soup
-- cornmeal empanadas, veg
-- fish sandwiches, salad
-- chicken, vegs

Reactions: marthamfi

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Product Font Handwriting Chalk Blackboard

I had baked ham and the grilled ham and cheese sandwiches on the menu for last week. We wound up making a trip to Vermont to visit Dhs brother and fiancé and that bumped the ham off the menu due to eating there. So I put it back in for this week. Sales should be starting soon and I want to make room for turkeys / hams when they go on sale so I need to get that ham out of there.

DLRCPA I totally forgot I have one of the Bear Creek potato soup mixes. I’ll have to pop that on the menu for next week.

CH Dh loves corned beef but I don’t. I asked if he wanted me to pick one up for him in March but he said no, the price was way up there. Well, now we can find any around. If I find one and it’s not a horrendous price I’ll get one because he really likes it.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
you guys are more organzied then me! lots of eat whatever this week. hotdogs..sandwiches.. not that I remember all of it but had ..

fried farmers sausage/onions w uncle bens wild rice mix and green beans.
breaded pork w leftover rice and salad kit.
wed dd and I got pizza before the show. boys mcds and we did mcds after.
friday scheiders beef pot pies, mini quiches, tater tots and baked beans. still leftovers
another salad kit somewhere in there.
burgers, bbq veggies and shrimp tonight. and hotdogs cus dd won't eat any of the other stuff.

not sure of all the plans yet.. still hot here so no oven. pasta, maybe hamburger helper.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Marthamfi I’ve found that when I wing it and just plan on cooking whatever we want that day it always disintegrates into “let’s go out to eat!”. Lolol. Neither of us seems to have much control over our impulses to eat at restaurants and if it’s written down I do so much better with cooking at home,

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I’ve found that when I wing it and just plan on cooking whatever we want that day it always disintegrates into “let’s go out to eat!”.
Me, too! And with what prices are doing lately and 2 teens, we REALLY have to watch that!!! Even ordering pizza runs us $50 these days!!! Hikr, I love your fridge magnet thingie!!! I just have a paper calendar page, plus also write it on the whiteboard-o-chores... which of course gets completely ignored! :ROFLMAO:

Plan for this week:
Tuesday- street tacos
Wednesday- Manwich (because I won't get home until late, and they can eat it or starve)
Thursday- Pastitsio
Friday- Out for H's birthday
Saturday- Pierogies
Sunday- steak subs

For work lunches, I am planning to have the soup-and-yogurt that is already there in the fridge because I was too busy yesterday, then leftovers for the other day. (The benefit of lonnnnggg shifts... fewer of them!) And for home lunches, I have a pint each of veggie beef and butternut squash soups to use up, then leftovers most of the other days, I think... though this weather is whispering "Kraft Macaroni and Cheeeeessse" --I am pretending not to hear it...

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Zhoen Manwich! Dh always loved that and I haven’t made it in ages. I’ll have to pick some up.

I love the magnetic menu board. I’ve tried other methods but this one is the one that finally did the job. With it being stuck the fridge door I can’t dodge it and say “I forgot we were having xyz and since it’s not defrosted, let’s go out!” I am the Queen of excuses. Lolol. Another benefit is it’s right in DHs face too so he doesn’t ask me 700 times a day “what’s for dinner?” Lolol.

This one I put the link up for isn’t just like mine but it’s close. I got mine from Amazon (although I didn’t see it at first glance on there today) but they probably sell them in other places.

·
Registered
13,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #195 ·
It has gotten cold!

-- meatball sub sandwiches, last of the lettuce salad
-- linguine, zucchini sticks
-- leftover corned beef and potato hash
-- broccoli cashew chicken with rice
-- baked fish and sweet potato fries
-- potato soup from freezer (and maybe home made rolls)
-- black bean chicken with rice and vegs
-- cube steak, whatever fresh vegs I pick up this week

Trying to think of a way to fit in the avocado I bought. Also have plenty of tomatoes and peppers from the garden.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Yes we get bad here for stuff like that but have been keeping it down. Now with not knowing who is home for dinner too half the time or will eat. But I do keep ideas in my head of what to do for food. I pulled out 2 little packs of stirfry meat that seems to be freezer burned cus needed room for fancy ice cream I bought today for me..specialty place cranberry shortcake and blackberry goat cheese. plus pulled a container of homemade chicken soup out.

made a chicken walnut apple grape salad for sandwiches so fed ds and I
hotdogs
hamburger helper.
got a&w takeout w coupons tonight. no ds so cheaper lol and I was not hungry cus when out for lunch w friend.

did get a ham etc for thanksgiving but too hot to turn oven on so will do it monday when suppose to be cool

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Handwriting Blackboard Font Chalk Gas

CH I love potato soup. I usually make it from scratch but I checked the pantry and found a bag of the Idahoan Loaded Baked Potato Soup. I had a stomach virus so making it from scratch was a no go. I whipped that up and it was actually pretty good. I wasn’t expecting much from it but it settled well, it was easy and tasted fairly good.

Marthamfi it was so hard working meals around dd when she was in high school. Between her schedule with after school commitments and her friends dropping in and out and they were always starving. We had one child but I think we fed about a hundred over her teen years. Hahahaha! I miss the chaos in some ways and now when she comes with the kids it’s chaos again but when they leave I just love my peace and quiet. Hahaha

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
lol Hikr thought after a while w covid...hey that was a plus no gangs of teen boys to feed. I agree chaos is fun but then when they are gone..peaceful. looking forward to grandkids spoil and they go home.

well two days of takeout..pizza yesterday. so ham dinner and leftovers next couple of days. dh birthday sat so eat out. so pasta one night, soup is defrosted.. all the thoughts I have

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Food Ingredient Pizza Recipe Staple food

Marthamfi. We have a daughter so no boys but when she’d have friends over there were always a few boys in the mix and I could not believe what they ate! I was thinking I needed a conveyor belt and I could just plop the food on that and keep it moving down the line. They ate every single thing and I had figured I’d have so much food I thought I would have leftovers for a week. Not a chance!

You mentioned pizza. I love pizza. I’d made some sourdough crusts a few weeks ago and the other night I took a couple out of the freezer for us for dinner. It was so good!

181 - 200 of 223 Posts