Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Year New Thread!

Share your finds or what you hope to find this year second hand! maybe even free curbside or from family or friends.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Went to independent thrift store..got rid of the box in the trunk finally. not a place I go often but took mom ..lots of vintage stuff etc from estates etc sad for them but great for getting good quality stuff. didn't plan on much but found towels like mine but like new. mine are still good and thick just edges getting ragged etc. so I know they are old cus hard to find that quality cheap here. 2 bath towels, 2 hand towels and a big bath sheet for dh. even the same colours lol except I didn't get the hand towels like mine lol cus edges going like mine so got the olive ones. found a plastic chamelon watering can and retro bowls that clip together good for cats.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Behold, my new favorite shoes!
Footwear Outdoor shoe Walking shoe Synthetic rubber Sneakers

I promise I went to the shop to try on some athletic shoes I saw there last week. And I DID try them on... and they weren't comfortable. These, however, while 100% innappropriate for hiking and workouts are super comfortable and Ohhhhhhh so cute! I was not able to find this exact style (old season) online for reference, but this brand runs $100+-- real leather, etc-- so I am pretty derned happy with my "new" $5 shoes!

(I am always coveting the painted leather shoes I see in catalogues, but no way would ever buy them... if I had that much money to spare-- and some days I do-- I can think of 1000 much more sensible things to spend it on (or just save it)... so a find like this is the best of both worlds! AND the $5 goes to charity!) Very happy!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts