Frugal Village Forums banner
61 - 80 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Was still sore yesterday. Somehow, even my armpits were sore! :LOL: Funny thing is, my upper body is usually what ends up sore the longest, while my legs are usually fine after the first couple of hours. Most likely due to my legs getting more exercise than my core muscles. So, I'm really glad I started with the once a week membership.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I bet you are sleeping well!

I am making sure I get at least 180 cardio minutes a week right now. Since I work in schools, I am getting less activity overall since it's summer, so I think it's a good place to aim for now. We were out of town for a few days, and I was able to use the hotel gym for one of them, and I've made up the cardio and strength training I missed on one day. So tomorrow will be last day at gym until Monday, and I'll do something fun with family for my cardio on Saturday.

I have just been getting back in the routine, and figuring out sets, etc. on my strength training, and today was the first time I implemented an increase in weights. I think they all hit at a good place by the end, it was a little tough, and I definitely felt like I had gotten a workout by the end. I made sure to take Advil when I got home. LOL

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Still going to Pilates once a week, although I left a little early last session. My stomach was acting up. Pilates is a lot harder than I expected, although I am liking the class and teacher.

Been eating a little better, although not at every meal. I stopped by a farm store on Saturday and picked up some stuff from them. They had some full sized pitas that were breadier than what I usually see in the store. But that made me stop by the farmer's market and pick up the red pepper spread and micro greens I've been meaning to pick up. That ended up being dinner both Saturday and Sunday, along with some berries.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
dlr: good for you. Whatever works to maintain motivation and exercise, right?

The Pilates classes are ~50 minutes long but they seem to go by really fast. I'm usually surprised when the class starts winding down.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Been going to the gym for strength training 4 days a week and then getting at least 180 minutes of cardio each week, usually mostly at the gym but not all of it. I am not worrying about my diet at all, currently, but will need to eventually! Right now I am just focusing on how good I feel after leaving the gym and the routine of it.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Another Pilates class done! It's actually surprising that it's been nearly 2 months since I started. I also just figured out another route that I can take my usual lunchtime walks during work. I've been annoyed with all the construction going on around where I work which pretty much blocked off my usual routes. I do need to get some more exercise in and this new route will help.

Ended up not having dinner after my Pilates class last night. Well, I did have some berries and a small sweet biscuit. Then again, we had a welcome breakfast earlier in the day, which balances things out. But I didn't feel that hungry after Pilates. I'm starting to feel more comfortable with smaller portions. The limited lunch options at work are helping with that. I definitely feel uncomfortable if I eat larger portions.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yesterday I pretended I was racing anyone who sat on the bike next to me 😂 I really didn't feel like it was harder, but I sweated so much more, so I think it worked! My husband asked me in disbelief, "Did you tell them you were racing them?" and I was like, "No, of course not, they'd think I was crazy!" and he just looked at me like..welllll you are. LOL 🤷‍♀️

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
VexedAngel: If it works, it works. Then again, some of your 'competitors' might have had fun with it as well. :lol:

I think one of the reasons I've felt uncomfortable in the gym is people seem to be focused on their own workouts, earbuds and all. Any attempt (or desire) to chat with others is sort of blown off as creepy. On the other hand, instructor-led classes aren't so bad because I can/need to focus on the instructor.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
dlr: Wow. Those are a lot of classes. As long as you're enjoying them. I've done ~8 Pilates classes but that's because I purchased the four classes per month membership. So I only take 1 class per week. Right now, I'm just focusing on being able to get through all the exercises in classes. Currently, I can do most of them but there are times when I just have to stop and breathe.

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
The variety they offer is a real benefit. If regular 45 minute cardio seems too hard then I can choose yoga that day, or a 15 minute cardio in the morning and 15 minutes of something else in the afternoon. And with all the different instructors I know some go at a slower pace and some push harder, so I can choose accordingly.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
dlr: glad you figured out your balance for your classes.

I was able to get into my Pilates class yesterday, despite being on a fairly long wait list. I was actually surprised when I got the text saying I got into the class since I only registered for it the day before. I have the 4 class per month membership (mostly to ease my way into exercising more) and my membership renews on the 9th of each month.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
you guys are doing so well! I am planning on starting classes again in sept.. too hot and no a/c seniors classes. my friend and I started and then one thing after another and then covid so but good for us. my store work helps for my exercise and I have started doing stretches at home. surprised I can reach my toes lol

61 - 80 of 86 Posts