Frugal Village Forums banner

2023 Gardening Thread

13K views 266 replies 20 participants last post by  sham1406 
I bought a bunch of garden decor from auction site estate sale ..you can tell she loved to garden.. I got one set. There is another estate auction near me ..must be probate because they are even selling the doormats. They have half barrels only $3 now but you have to take the soil too..so heavy. Dh doesn't have a hitch for the trailer on his car that he got a few months ago. why they are cheap but so tempted.

So far it is just more cleaning up the garden and finishing things like the stream/pond.. I want I think some hedge roses too that would survive the heat.

Sounds like fun esp if you live in places that have long winters. Red you can get some aerogarden types under $100 on amazon or walmart. I saw a set at walmart cheap but can't find it. maybe you just need the lights and do pots in warm place?

I got my seeds from scouts funraiser but still too early though saw my first cherry blossoms and tulips etc poking out.

Never heard of apple mint either looks like reg mint too. Wonder if it has a apple smell to it like scented geraniums. Nothing has happened here cus the weather is still rain but suppose to be sunny this weekend. Decided the hydranga in the front isn't thriving too much sun so will move that and get 4 hedge roses to fill gaps to make a fence. Told ds that he is digging this weekend.

All the plants are looking good! Nice you got the cherries! they kinda look like gooseberries.

my flower seeds are starting to come out in the pots but haven't planted anything else yet cus would they get taken care of when we are gone so will see. the rose bushes got planted and the hydranga moved. My lilac bush is coming out for mothers day.

been watering esp the hanging baskets who knew the pansies need so much. dh cleaned out a bunch of maple saplings, buttercups and volunteer blackberries in one section...I pulled morning glory why all that grows faster then anything else. years ago I moved chives to a pot and I discovered 4 blossoms where they used to be.

we have to do a spring cut back clean up more maple saplings cut ivy etc. more old leaves. i need to clean out the sm garden bed full of buttercups grass already. why all that stuff grows better then even thing else. the pots w flower seedlings they are tiny but the rest grew overnight. now that i am back will put flower seeds in the pots that have some permanent plants. need to get more soil and probably will get more flowering plants too. have a lot of pots w dead plants so need to deal w them.

a bunch of raspberries were picked and more to go. I didn't get around to planting the seedlings I bought until recently so will see what happens. one tomato plant is small but has tomatoes growing on it. all my fault for not getting them planted. the other have blooms but like 6 inches high and bushy. time will tell.

got ds to pick the rest of the tomatoes couple iweeks ago full pan about 100 I think so we had been eating them and I gave them to mom and my neighbour as they ripens about 8 rotted or bad and still about 5 green so will see if they ripen. last few I put in with roasting veggies.