Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

· Registered
12,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jan 1st and 2nd both days meals at home.

· Registered
13,526 Posts
We try to limit the meals out to once or twice a month. Mostly, DH likes my cooking better, but every now and then he gets a craving for something like deep fried chicken. This month we have 2 planned take-out meals. On Thurs we will pick up one entree from a local Mexican place, and later this month I'll get Chinese on my way home from an event. We rarely get take out as a result of not planning dinner.

· Registered
154 Posts
Hi everyone. I have challenges with no eating out. Lately Hubby has been helping cook. We’re both getting over a sick spell. I’m glad for the help. I know I won’t make the whole year, but I might be able to reduce my eating out by being accountable here. I’m counting eating out as meals we eat out or bring in because we’re too lazy or too tired to cook…ie. bad planning. We often eat out on vacation and that goes into our vacation budget.

So…with that in mind… so far we’ve gone 6/365 without eating out.

· Moderator aka AmyBob
13,578 Posts
6/365 so far with January and no plans to eat out this weekend.

Reactions: marthamfi

· Registered
1,937 Posts
I don't belong in this challenge....my husband likes to eat out and we do it on weekends....mostly take out....very seldom do we sit and eat in a restaurant....he does the budget and he says we can afford it so I do not argue. He does no cooking so it's me doing all the cooking....he never complains about what I cook but he doesn't care for some things...like soup....who doesn't like soup???? I made chicken noodle soup this week and I gave him a bowl of the noodles and carrots, etc. with no broth....he loved it....so I may have hit on the solution of him eating soup.....

1 - 20 of 66 Posts