Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
More of the same from yesterday. I ended up going out to lunch with Dave & his family as well as bringing his meds to him, so that took up a couple of hours that I hadn't planned on yesterday. So, I didn't get much decluttering done.

Today on my agenda:
  • get kids off to school (done)
  • exercise
  • clean living room
  • declutter kitchen
  • go through fabric in basement to donate/sell
  • work on Lauren's quilt
  • Dishes
  • vacuum runners/hallway
What are you doing today?

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Mammogram this morning. Fun.
Then off to WM to get RXs and some odds and ends for us and for my dad.
Then over to dad's and clean a bit, and visit.
Then home and shower (dad's apt. reeks of cigars) and then maybe nap. :rest:
Make dinner (no meat).
Knit.

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
Today is a stay-home day. The hamper is overflowing, the downstairs bathroom REALLY needs cleaning, and I should probably vacuum again. Dogs are shedding their winter coats and it's a mess!!

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
It is raining and will most likely begin snowing. What the heck? I have exercised and done the regular morning routine. I am staying home today and cleaning. Fun, fun. Will do my weights at home tonight. DH is supposed to come home early(Ehhhhhhhyeah.)We will see. Hope ya have a good one!

·
DebbieBob
1,692 Posts
The house is clean and laundry is done.
Going to take DD to get a manicure and get my nails done. Then lunch and shopping.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
I'm not sure what is going to be on the agenda for today. Today is the last day of the kids spring break, and DH and I were talking last night, and I was proud to report that we hadn't spent any money on spring break! The kids spent their own money one morning and we walked to the donut shop and they got donuts, so they each spent about 75 cents and that has been it!

So, I was thinking today, that I might take them to a movie. I promised them that we would do at least one fun thing while they were one spring break. So we might go see the new Pixar Monster's movie, if we can find a matinee.

I also think I'm going to make a dr's appointment. This cold I've had is going on 3 weeks now and all that is left is a horrible cough. So I'm wondering if it's turned into bronchitis or something. I'm not a fan of dr's or antibiotics...but at this point, I guess I'll suck it up and go.

Reactions: mauimagic

·
Registered
497 Posts
Pack for work trip
Bike to work (hauling 2 bags...not fun)
Work until bus comes to pick up our team
Make sure student athletes are ready for trip
Load bus @ 2:00 for Columbia, SC for the weekend

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
We leave for our camper tonight for the weekend.

I have to clean the house because I like to come home to a clean house.

Do 2 loads of laundry.

Pack a few clothes.

Go buy a handful of groceries to take with us.

It is raining so I may buy a tarp for the truck bed as we have a few things to haul.

I plan to bake a few sweets also.

Wow this thread makes me tired!

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Well our library is having a book sale today and I had planned to go with the girl I work with. My fiancee gave me $10 last night, that's all I wanted to spend. My friend told me she wasn't going which is ok, I know she has been missing out on sleep the last few days and really needs to stay home and relax. I have decided to just stay home and save the $10 and the gas. If I went I would be putting black marks on at least 2 of my challenges. It's just not worth it.:shake: I want to go across the street to our recycle drop-off and do some dumpster diving for Q's. Fiancee is sleeping so no house cleaning yet.

Cat

·
Registered
440 Posts
I'm at work until 2:15. From work I have an interview for a summer job, that I need desperately. I think I have a great chance at getting it. From there I will go home, make dinner, clean a little bit. It is movie night, so we will all watch a kids movie we have on DVD. That's about it!!

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
DD14 leaves at 1pm today for a 2 day visit to Branson for Young Christians Weekend :( . I know she will have a blast but I will miss her, and worry a bit too, lol. Her bags are already at the church and they are picking the kids up from school, so we said our good byes this morning.

Accomplished:
-cancelled the insurance on the truck DH sold
-went to the thrift store, bought an ALL YOU mag for 95 cents and it's the one with the free mascara coupon in it and the $3 splenda coupon, so definitely worth it.
-coupons clipped from thrift store mag
-2 loads of laundry done, one to go
-house picked up
-shoes soaking that need washed
-listening to DR
-dishwasher loaded
-counters/table wiped down

Need to do:
-1 more load of laundry
-sweep
-supper will be leftovers
-may rent some movies for the weekend
-balance check book and do April's budget
-have a relaxing evening at home

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Do some cleaning:
washed some dishes, started a load of laundry
XX Do some filing
I updated the receipt files a little this morning, so a piece of that's done.
Put a book or two on ebay
Fling some stuff
Price some stuff for antique store
XX Cook lunch and dinner
Do some yard work (if possible)

My usual TO DO list.

Lunch wasn't what I thought but became a pot of spinach-potato soup, bread sticks, and apple salad. Dinner will be more soup, breadsticks and...?

I think I'll get dressed (I'm in grubbies) and go to the salvage store. DH will NOT want to go. We go together wherever we go on the weekends, as we only have one working car these days!

·
19,119 Posts
Momto2boyz - am so glad that you are going to the dr. DH has had that nasty cold and cough for almost as long and is resisting going.

today is ---

another load of laundry
PT for me in the morning
PT for DD in the afternoon
small grocery shop
main energy to be spent on yard sale prep

Have a great day everyone!! :abduct:

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Here are things that I've already done thus far..

~vacuumed the living room
~mopped the kitchen floor
~washed clothes and hung them outside
~folded towels

1 - 15 of 15 Posts