Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found out about this in another forum, HD will give you a $3 credit if you turn in your old incandescent light strings. You can buy a new LED string for $3.97, or so says my local flyer!

Judi

·
Registered
9,299 Posts
I will have to check this out, thanks! I think I am going to have to replace a lot of our lights this year. They are so cheaply made they don't last from one season to the next.

·
Registered
9,299 Posts
Got our new lights today. Tomorrow is the last day of this offer. I checked my lights this morning and 3 of the 4 strings were dead, so off to Home Depot we went.

I got 3 18' strands @$4.97 each (normally 7.97). The returns manger who handled it said we could buy 5 at the discount even though we had only turned in 3 strings of lights.

Reactions: craftypam

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
I am interested in buying the led lights. How is the lighting? Is there any difference or just the same as the regular strand lights?

·
Registered
9,299 Posts
LEDs are just as bright but do not burn out. They will slowly fade over time, but it takes them years and years to do this. Decades even. They are about 4x the cost of regular lights. They use much less electricity than incandescent bulbs.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
I have led lights and I love them and they last longer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts