Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! My boyfriend of 3 years is getting ready to celebrate his "30th" Birthday! (I have preceeded him in this area by two years!) I would like to do something special for him, but am at a loss, therefore I am seeking ideas. He isn't necessarily the surprise birthday party type. Of course I am already planning the typical dinner, cake, etc. I do not have the most creative mind and was hoping some of you out there could help me with some fun suggestions! Okay, with that being said, I look forward to hearing from all of you! Thanks in advance!!! :)

·
27,948 Posts
My hubby & sis threw me a surprise 30th b'day party. My BIL is a few days younger than me and I thought we were thowing him a surprise party. I was there helping with planning, decorations, food etc and unknown to me they were sneaking my friends in the front door while they kept me busy in the back of the house. They called me into the living room & the first person I see is my BIL and then my friends and his all yelling surprise. It was wonderful and they sure fooled me.
I guess the moral of the story is I think surprise partys can be pretty cool and I think everyone should have one at least once in their life.
I started all this surprise party business in our family when I thew one for dh's 40th and took him to dinner while everyone gathered & set up at our house. I was grinning all though dinner knowing what fun hubby would have later.:)
What ever you decide~have fun!!!!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I have no ideas to suggest, but I do want to wish him a happy birthday! I'm sure you'll find great ideas! Everyone here are so imaginative and creative! :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi everyone! Well, he's incredibly picky, which makes it hard. Unfortunately he doesn't have many interests to go on per say. He's not really a sport person . . . . he would rather play than watch. That part I like! I don't get stuck watching ESPN day in and day out. :) He does enjoy his computer and building new ones. Yes, he's a computer nerd, but by first meeting him, you would never know it. I guess I would like to do something very creative or imaginative for him. Just a fun, something he wouldn't think of idea. But I'm at a loss. Actually, I forgot . . . . the first year we were together I did host a small surprise party for him. It was just with close family. I picked up balloons, a chocolate butter cream cake from the local bakery, had tons of presents. His brother hung Happy Birthday Banners throughout the house. We had some of those squakers and wine. Then we all hid at his house, parked our cars in various locations and really shocked him when he came through the door. That was a lot of fun! Thanks everyone for sharing!!!

·
FV Buddy aka Kellie Bob
2,161 Posts
I'm not a huge fan of celebrating my birthday, but maybe you can suprise him with some special 1 on 1 thing- a spa day for the 2 of you, a massage-professional or buy some nice oils and do it yourself, a manicure (men don't admit it, but they love it) You can set up a day out for him and his best friends, have them all meet you to play pool or bowl when he thinks it will just be the two of you. A cd of his favorite music, a night watching his fave movies with his fave snacks, a morning watching his fave cartoons and eating the breakfast cereal he loved at 5 in his PJ's in the living room. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts