Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
down, 8 to go (Or else it better be just 8 more....lol)

I had my 32 week appointment Wed. and things are still looking good. At my 30 week check up on New Years Eve, I had walking pnemonia. The Dr. gave me a z-pack and the first 4 day's went fine but then Sunday when I was suppose to take the last pill I spent most of the day feeling horrible. I had toast for breakfast, cheese crakers for lunch and a baked potato for dinner. Then off and on from 9PM to 5 AM I was either in bed under a ton of blankets freezing to death or in the bathroom floor. Needless to say I lost about 4 pounds that day/night.

Monday afternoon I ate some chicken broth and then a plain grilled chicken sandwich later that night and by Tuesday I was feeling about 100% better.

Anyway, back to Wed. appointment.....they knew the meds had made me sick and that along with me saying that I hadn't felt the baby move as much as she had since before I got sick prompted them to go on and do an ultrasound.

Everything was fine and in fact, eventhough I was still measuring 32 weeks, Kayla was measuring slightly bigger. They figured that's why she wasn't moving as much. (although since then she's been pretty active, maybe she was just as worn out as I was while I was sick and taking pity on me...lol) The ultrasound measurments also had her weighing almost 4.5 pounds (about 2 weeks further along than she is). Paige was a little over a week early and she weighed 7 lbs 4 oz....I can only imaging what Miss Kayla will weigh if she is already measuring big...(can we say induce).

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I'm glad you are feeling better. You must be excited that you have only 8 weeks to go. I will be nervous but excited also at that point. Are you very uncomfortable yet?

·
Registered
8,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm glad you are feeling better. You must be excited that you have only 8 weeks to go. I will be nervous but excited also at that point. Are you very uncomfortable yet?
Not to very uncomfortable yet, but getting there...lol
I joke with the girl I work with that come sooner or later when I am on the floor trying to pack something, she is going to have to pick me up off the floor...lol (I work at a UPS Store).

I am so glad that she is almost hear. I can't believe how fast the time has gone by since my first appointment in July. Now that I am going every 2 weeks its seems to be going by even quicker. I can't imagine how fast it well seem when I have to go every week the last month or so.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Wow! Yay for babies. I hope your child is born happy, healthy and beautiful on the inside and out! :) Many blessings to you and your family.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
It won't be long now until you welcome your sweet baby into the world. :yippee:

I am glad you're feeling better. It's one thing to be sick but to be pregnant on top of that? :hugz:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Now we're 33 weeks. I had an appointment the same Wednesday as you and they said everything was perfect with me.

I've gained 22 pounds so far and am getting very uncomfortable. All this extra weight is too much for my body.

Starting January 28 I have to start going every week.

·
Registered
8,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have 10 day still my due date
Starting to get very anxious
It will be here before you know it. Keep us posted. I bet you and your family are getting more and more excited every day.

·
Registered
8,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now we're 33 weeks. I had an appointment the same Wednesday as you and they said everything was perfect with me.

I've gained 22 pounds so far and am getting very uncomfortable. All this extra weight is too much for my body.

Starting January 28 I have to start going every week.

Glad your latest appointment went well too.

I know what you mean about getting uncomfortable. Some day's are better than others but there are some times that I can't stand to stand or sit up straight. I am much more comfortable if I get to recline instead (hard to do at work though, but I try....lol)

From what I weighed when I got pregnant I've gained about 22lbs as well. I am still all baby and belly for the most part which is fine with me. I have one pair of maternity jeans, but as far as work clothes I didn't buy any black or khaki pants as most of mine were low waist pants and stretch fabric or adjustable waist so that has helped.

As much as I hate going to the dr. every week, I like it when that time comes cause it means the baby is almost here. Plus the appointments right now are really quick ones for the most part:

Weight
BP
Pee
Check baby's heartrate
Ask me how I am feeling
Do I have any questions
See ya next time.

Had it not been for the impromptu ultrasound last week I would have been in and out in 15 minutes or less.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts