Frugal Village Forums banner
21 - 40 of 80 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
My day off work today. Just returned from dental appointment. I need to get about 3 hours of online education done this morning and then I will continue with the kitchen area. Maybe this afternoon we will get the bags of donation items delivered.

Discussion starter · #22 ·
Food pantry cleaned and organized. It is 2/3 full and not a lot of variety. Mostly pasta, spaghetti and tomato sauces, corn. 3 more drawers and the cookbook/spices/baking goods cabinet cleaned and organized.
Next up pots and pans and lids and baking sheets.

Discussion starter · #23 ·
Just found out I had the wrong date for dh's family get together here. It is 2 weeks earlier than I thought, I will not stress about it, instead I will use it as motivation to set priorities. I now have 23 days instead of the 40 days I originally planned for. Maybe it will be a blessing in disguise if my daughter has her baby earlier than expected.

\

Day 2 (yesterday)- too busy with job, received 3 new projects, closing out 4 projects, no time to organize.
Day 3 (today) - another 2 new projects, so, organizing goes to the back burner again. This is what's been happening since the beginning of this year. I am planning to put 'organize' as an appointment in my calendar to block out the time.

Since I get pay by each project, I am not complaining of work. Eventually the home office to be in good shape. :)

That's a bummer Kim! You are getting so much done though maybe you don't need the 2 extra weeks!

I have not got much done this week....been spending time with nieces, cousin and this weekend grankids. So you won't hear from me until Sunday or Monday when I plan to really start in.....my goal is to have everything in the house decluttered once again, organized and deep cleaned by September 31.

Just found out my oldest nieces class is having a fund raiser yard sale next weekend so that will make it easier for me to get rid of some if the better things I have been holding into.

Took stove apart yesterday and did deep cleaning on it.. Boy was it bad.. Got all kitchen cabinets cleaned. Took bedroom curtains down as washed and washed windows inside and out. Today just cleaned the bathroom as always changed rugs, mopped floor and cleaned stool good. Got to go to work after while.. Laundry is down to 1 load. Will wash rugs in rest of the house tomorrow and sweep and mop all floors..

Discussion starter · #27 ·
I am really tired out from work and no get up and go left. I think it is mental fatigue. Expectations at work to get more done in less time. :( I think it is common theme in most jobs out there. A neighbor who works for a pepsi plant, said that all employees in his department were told that everyone was getting a $3.00 an hour cut in pay for the same expectations at work. So again I am very grateful for the job I have.
After supper I plan on getting something cleaned. Be back later to report.

Discussion starter · #28 ·
Brat , I took your lead and worked on the stove/oven tonight. Inside is soaking with 2nd coat of cleaner. 1st coat took off surface cooked on stuff, left note for DH to scrub off 2nd coat in the morning. Hope he does it while I'm at work. I got the top units cleaned. DH has wanted a flat top stove for 2 years (since he started cooking more), he says he may start pricing them. Sometimes he is an impulse buyer. If he can find the money in his budget, I'll find a new stove in the kitchen some day when I get home from work. This one came with the house about 18 years ago, it's electric and a Crosley. I vote to stick with it for a couple more years. But if he does choose to buy another I want a self cleaning model. I have read they are more energy efficient as an added bonus because they are better insulated and have tighter seals around the oven door. If the range is replaced the range hood will also be replaced. I never thought about that until I started reading about energy efficiency. The range hood is ugly and very hard to get clean and I'm not sure how efficient the fan is. I'm actually more excited about a new range hood than the range lol.

Discussion starter · #29 ·
Home from work and Mass. Making supper , trying rice in the electric pressure cooker with rice feature.
Dh did not scrub out the inside of oven , so I just got that done also.
Hopefully more progress on this challenge to come after supper.

My daughter and her family are here, so the "purge" is on hold until they leave.
Today I made a pie for tomorrow's lunch, brownies and homemade ice cream for tonight's dessert.
Tomorrow I'll be cooking lunch for the entire family (12 of us altogether).
Once everybody leaves tomorrow afternoon, I'll probably just enjoy the quiet for awhile.

My project for next week will be to clean out my fabric closet.

Day 4 (yesterday): wanted to start organizing, but no storage bin! So, went out to get 6 shoe-size boxed, 4 tote size boxes.

Day 5 (today): well, DH suggested I should clean/organize the shoe rack in laundry room instead of the office cabinets. So I did, wipe clean all shoes (90% are mine), used those shoe-size boxes, put away all 'winter' shoes. Throw away 4 pairs, 6 pairs go to donation. Relocate the shoe rack to upstairs hallway, easier for me to find the shoes I would like to wear. Ok, now in a quick glance, I know what style of shoes I have, minimize the chance to buy similar style & such.
DH find me a basket (something we have) for guests' slippers, which we can bring out when guests are here, my in-laws like to change to slippers when they are here.

I feel that I've accomplished something, even though haven't work on the cabinets yet, but that shoe rack is now in good order.

Rec'd emails of 3 more projects, tomorrow will be some more catching up on work (maybe). Had lunch w/ DH's parents today, enjoyed time with them.

I am busy holding the sofa down! Either all the smoke or a cold, do not know which but I have no energy to clean.....hoping to jump on this soon though......lots to do by my end of September goal!

Day 6: laundry room became the prority. After we moved the shoe rack out of the laundry room, Dh took the opportunity to vacumn behind the washer & dryer. This morning, while I was drying a load of laundry, I noticed that the room was unusally warm, like a heat fan is on & a slight smell of something toasting. Immediately drag Dh to check out, turned off the dryer, he went outside to vacumn to vent, then came back to check out the dryer & realized that when he vacumning yesterday, he must have moved the dryer a bit too much & the vent duct disconnected from the dryer. Everything fixed now. we heard about dryer vent fire. glad we were home at that time. so, today was just cleaning the laundry room. i also did 3 loads of winter clothes, & hang dry most of them , since there is now more room.

lets see what unexpected comes up tomorrow... :vs_shocked:

Discussion starter · #36 ·
Forgot to send this message yesterday--Got home from work, helped dh make oriental salad for monthly card party tonight at friends, now home. Kitchen a mess yet from the quick salad making and out the door before cleaning up. Will clean the kitchen and then see if I have energy for anything more. I might just relax and get an early start tomorrow with deep cleaning/organizing on my day off.
TDN get better soon.
Jean enjoy your family time.
Vanilla, sounds like you're very busy with work and nice job with the shoes. I got rid of a lot of shoes but I still don't have them organized very well. Just can't find a good spot for them.

And for today, vacuumed the steps and upstairs rooms. Made respite clients bed and picked up a few of his things that need washing. Not much to do up there. There is one closet that has alot of daughters things. After her baby's born I will have her come over and sort them out while I hold the baby or all of it will be in her closet or to goodwill.
Time to sweep all the laminate and clean any spots I find. Wait, first I better check if my dryer became disconnected when I deep cleaned that room...yes it did ... Thanks Vanilla for the reminder :)

Thanks so much Kim for starting this challenge! I love me a good challenge! It gets me motivated for sure! I am hanging on the couch today but have hit that point where I know I am getting better so will be up doing bits here and there......I have realized as I get older if I just take it easy and rest while sick I get better a whole lot faster! When I was younger I worked away no matter what and just made myself sicker and miserable!

I guess what I need to work on first is the stuff that is going to be donated to my nieces class trip yard sale since that is this weekend.

Discussion starter · #38 ·
Just got the dryer vent reconnected -- frustrating, needed to go buy a flexible piece to fit the dryer and connection at the wall -- fits snug so once connected no room to get out from between the wall and the dryer and the washer without hopping out , good thing I'm tall and fairly flexible yet. It is a tight fit but not perfect yet. The piece is about 5 inches longer than needed so the dryer doesn't fit snug against the wall but workable for now. It would take a hack saw to cut it shorter and than even harder to get it connected. It is safe and secure so that it what is important for now. The hardware salesman told me not to get the cheaper more flexible type as it would crinkle and collect lint. What I have now should not do that. Learned something new but now my back is sore. Time to rest. Oh and on the way back from hardware store I stopped and vacuumed out the car and wiped it down inside with lysol wipes. The inside floors will have to wait.

Discussion starter · #39 ·
TDN glad your feeling better!
It is the perfect weather for me to take a nap right now, cool and breezy the way I like it.
Dh is on his way home from golfing with friends. We may find a new trail somewhere to walk. I love being out in nature.
Maybe a long walk and than a long nap :)

Discussion starter · #40 ·
Another busy day at work than dh took me for a car ride out in the country and out to eat. Just got home. Want to study for my CPR recertification which is tomorrow. Dh is going to get the floors swept. Hope all is well with everyone.

21 - 40 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.