Frugal Village Forums banner
41 - 60 of 80 Posts
Discussion starter · #41 ·
After destressing from work I decided to do a quick clean of the bathrooms so I would not get in the same situation I started at with this house. Cleaned the front entry room floor. Making chicken and dumplings with dh now. Smells sooo good. Hope to get more done after supper.
I have another goal marker- Sept 2 we host monthly card group with friends. The main living area, dining room,mudroom,kitchen to be deep cleaned and organized by then if all goes well.

I got rid of quite abit of stuff today. Nieces class is having a yard sale and I had some stuff I had been planning to sale so gave it to them. Nice to have the stuff gone and it should make them some money. Hoping to hit the cleaning hard tomorrow.

I had managed to get the whole house cleaned before I had company last weekend - picked up, dusted, vacuumed, mopped.
They all left Sunday and for the past 3 days I've just been sitting around enjoying my clean house.

When my daughter and her family left, I sent them home with "stuff". An old upright vacuum cleaner that I don't need anymore, lots of organizing bins, baskets, etc. (If you get rid of stuff, you don't need containers to put it in!).

Today, I'll start the purge in my sewing room. I'll pull out some of the fabric to take to my granddaughter next time I visit. Some of it I'll keep. A lot more of it will go.

Discussion starter · #45 ·
After work today I got the fridge cleaned, few bottled items tossed. Left overs for supper. Keeping up with the dish washing every evening. Going to enjoy the weather and go for a walk now.

Cleaned my bathroom which is also the main bath and has washer and dryer in. Cleaned everything.....inside all cupboards/drawers......very nice!

Working in the kitchen now, done with fridge, freezers and working on pantry.

Discussion starter · #47 ·
After work and making potato soup for supper, did clean up. Load of laundry in. Mudroom floor and rugs scrubbed and vacuumed. Chest freezer quick inventory done and I rotated the meat so the older stuff is on top. I feel like going through my recipes and organizing them tonight. DH will be at football game and I can relax while getting organizing done. So happy it is my weekend off work.
Hope you all find time to relax this weekend .

Discussion starter · #50 ·
Awesome job on the pantries TDN!
I was out of the house all day yesterday and today I have been lazy. All I got done was going through my recipe box and organizing it. I always look up recipes online now so rarely open a cookbook or look up a recipe card. I found quite a few I want to try though. Decided on the vegie salad and dessert I want to make for card party this week. Just need to decide what kind of sandwiches to have. Probably hot beef so I can have it ready ahead of time in the slow cooker.Hoping to get together with my kids and a nephew later this afternoon. Gotta catch them when I can.
Next project is the garage.

Discussion starter · #51 ·
Spent on hour in the garage cleaning, good enough for me at this time. Lots of items to get rid of but they are out of the way for now. Will work on it again in near future with dh input and help.

Discussion starter · #53 ·
Have been doing small cleanups, and keeping kitchen cleaner than usual. Decluttered a box of photo frames. My photos came in the mail and I have a few gifts made.
Ingredients bought for the salad and dessert I'll make for card group tomorrow.
Day off tomorrow, dh will be home and we will be cooking and baking and clean up.
The less stuff we have the easier it is to keep clean and find what I need and life is just simpler, the way I like it.

I agree, less stuff=easier to keep clean! I have had the washer and dryer going almost constant. Washed all the bedding on our bed, all cat blankets ( which I do every week) and all the throws. Been busy putting up food in the freezer but hope to hit the organizing and cleaning hard tomorrow.

Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design Vehicle

This is my new "swish and swipe" caddy. It is a shower caddy from walmart that they carry this time of year for college kids. It is a smaller version of my cleaning caddy......just has the very basics for a fly lady style swish and swipe of each bathroom EVERY morning to keep them nice and clean. Hope the picture isn't sideways........need to get this ipad posting figured out!

Interior design Shelving Wall House Wood

Giving you something different to look at. I used to keep everything in bathroom in the cupboards but saw an idea like this on Pinterest with the double baskets. Got this at a resale shop about 6 months ago and really liking how it is working out. The rack on wall on left is for my towels but they are in the washer. The box on toilet was a shutter I had ( for decor) and hubby made it into a box for me.....( I have a slight shutter and mason jar obsession when decorating)

Edited to add.....success! Picture turned right way.....note to self, make sure button is in the right hand side!

Discussion starter · #58 ·
TDN -- thanks for the ideas, keep them coming. You are doing great.
My card group is gone and it only took about 15 minutes for cleanup.Spent most of the a.m cooking. We had a chicken stew over dumplings, broccoli/grape salad, caramel/chocolate bars. Rest brought dish to pass, more desserts and deviled eggs. The house is quiet again.
I'm feeling calmer in this cleaner/more tidy version of my home :)
Next visitors are due on 12th which is dh's family for a get together. We usually do Christmas for his side but have decided on a earlier get together that will not involve Christmas present exchange. No young ones anymore so we are going to skip the gift exchange. His parents have passed. Will save everyone involved money and the stress of getting one more place at Christmas time. They all need to travel a couple hours and less worry about the road conditions this time of year.
I'm hoping to start decluttering my closets and dresser drawers rest of the week. If I have not worn something in the past year and if it does not fit it is going to goodwill. I tend to have my favorite clothes that I choose to wear.

Discussion starter · #59 ·
Dresser draws and clothes closet decluttered. Giving away 2 bags of clothes that don't fit and haven't been worn in a year or more. Gained weight past year since menopause and I need to update my style. Time to move out of the Junior section and dress more my age. I spend more than 40 hours a week in nursing uniforms. My next purchase of clothing will be a couple new ones.

41 - 60 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.