Frugal Village Forums banner

40 day deep clean and organize challenge

11K views 79 replies 8 participants last post by  TDN 
#1 ·
My vacation time hours have been used up (needed to use them up by August 15) and will be back to full time work tomorrow. I do not like housework but it needs to get done. I have husbands family coming September 26 for a family grill out. More importantly I have my first grandchild due September 30 and I want my home to be clean and safe for him. One of my 20 wishes also is to have this done by the end of the year. A jumpstart is needed and I am hoping this challenge works.
I may need to prioritize by task instead of room. Dust , clean windows, etc. I would love to hear your tips on keeping your homes clean and tidy in a efficient manner. Again housework is not a priority for me but I don't want to panic every time someone says they would like to stop in for a visit.

Anybody want to join me??
This could be your home, garage, shed, camper etc.
I hope to be back later this evening to report at least one thing I have accomplished.
The 40 days of my challenge officially starts tomorrow.

#77 ·
My 40 day challenge was a success. Got a lot accomplished before grandson born on October 6. I'm a first time grandma! :) What an awesome experience it was to watch my daughter deliver a healthy baby boy! Now to stay motivated to keep things picked up, put away, and keep up with the basic household tasks. I think I'll join the To do challenge and see if this helps me.

#78 ·
Congrats on your new grandbaby. I have 1 grandson and you will need to keep things picked up once he starts to walk.
Mine is 18 months now and if things are not picked up he can destroy this place in a blink of an eye.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.