Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I dont even remember 40 much less the +... the pic of me was taken 3 years ago at age 56. 40?

·
Super Moderator
4,575 Posts
7 years gone, but I remember the day well. My buddies came over and the minute one of them walked in I said, "hey long hair"!
His response was "if you get a brush cut, I'll get a brush cut". So we all did!

·
Registered
977 Posts
I turned 40 on Saturday. 40+ 3 days :)
My pic was taken last summer.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I loved my 40's. I found them very freeing! I'm now 54! Where did those 14 years go! I love this stage of my life too! The only small complaint is that I have a few minor health issues. Hubby and I are enjoying our empty nest. It's almost like dating again! Don't get me wrong we love it when the kids come home. Now it's even more fun because they bring grandkids with them!

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
I loved it when I turned 40. I felt like I was finally a bone fide, certified established adult. It was indeed freeing. Admittedly, 60 was a little more sobering, but good too. I've never in my whole life wanted to be younger than I was.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
I meant to add, I'm glad to see a couple of new posts in this forum. It languishes too much. There are a lot of us here, and let's face it -- we've got lots of life experience if only by virtue of hanging in so long! That's a valuable commodity.

·
Registered
723 Posts
I turned 40 on Saturday. 40+ 3 days :)
My pic was taken last summer.
Hey Suki then Happy Belated Birthday :dancing:

Welcome to the 40 + club!!!! :thumb:

Reactions: suki

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Happy 40th Suki!!

I'm 46 and doing fine with being in my 40's. I wasn't thrilled about turning 40 but I survived it! :) Now with 50 fast approaching......that one is kind of scary!!

Reactions: suki

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Yeah, I'll be 49 in a couple months. Wow. Where does the time go? Happy Birthday, suki.... :cake:

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I`m glad to see this rocking some there are enough here to keep it swinging.lol
turning 40 was scary . turning 52 was just another day.
happy Birthday Suki!

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
LADIES....I AM SHOCKED!!!:ponder:
As I was reading thru this thread I noted that several people have revealed their ages....I thought what in the world!!!:smirk:
I absolutely feel that telling one's age is sacred...sacred...sacred I say. My mother refuses to tell her age and I refuse to tell mine. So sshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....no more mentioning age...because age is just a number and we are our mental ages...not physical ages. I think that should be the general population's attitude. We are young, young, young but wise beyond our years.:cuckoo:

·
Super Moderator
4,575 Posts
LADIES....I AM SHOCKED!!!:ponder:
As I was reading thru this thread I noted that several people have revealed their ages....I thought what in the world!!!:smirk:
I absolutely feel that telling one's age is sacred...sacred...sacred I say. My mother refuses to tell her age and I refuse to tell mine. So sshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....no more mentioning age...because age is just a number and we are our mental ages...not physical ages. I think that should be the general population's attitude. We are young, young, young but wise beyond our years.:cuckoo:
One of the many things I will never understand about women.
Not that I'm asking you all to change, I'll just never understand it.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I am 42. All you forty somethings here with pictures of you, you look great. And Barbara, you look good too, and young.
Happy birthday Suki!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts