Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:usasmile:
Just wondering what cha got on for the 4th? We are thinking of hosting a cookout (4 couples) and possibly swim party...but still haven't nailed down the time and menu. We may opt to go the easy way out and just have a day of leisure spent around the pool, sipping margaritas :cheers:

I'm hungry for some brats cooked on the grill....What are you cookin?

·
Registered
787 Posts
well, on the 4th we are going to sil house to a cookout and some fireworks. but before that, we will be horseback riding and playing games.
then on the 5th we are going to bil house's for a cookout. we will be there all day. we are going to play horseshoes, badmitton, volleyball, cards, and all sorts of things.
just a little background. dh comes from a family of six. for the longest time, they have only gotten together once a year. most of the time, it was only for christmas. now they are starting to do more things. while i try and get along with them, some of them have hurt me really bad. but i buck up and go for dh.
so when we get back, i may have a few rants. so bear with me! lol

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
DS's baseball team will have a tournament game on the 3rd and 5th. His team has a 2 - 2 1/2 hour practice the morning of the 4th. Other than that we are not doing anything out of the ordinary or cooking anything special.

·
Registered
900 Posts
We're going to a street fair in the AM, bbqing in the early afternoon, and going to watch fireworks in the PM with friends.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
After the parade we're off to Syracuse, NY to visit DH's cousin and family. It's about 5 hours from here. I love road trips, lol.

·
Registered
10,774 Posts
Nothing really. DH is out of town, so dd and I might go to the park.

·
Registered
264 Posts
LOL @ Moor! You rant away, dear, we'll be here for ya! :)

We're doing yard work, going to a local festival to watch fireworks over the lake (fireworks are always better over a lake!), and maybe doing a little cookout of our own. Will be a SMALL cookout, just the older DS and myself.

Might go to a massive yard sale I noticed on Craigslist this week, which isn't too far from us.

oh, btw....the books I picked up at the yard sale for $10 a couple of weeks ago have so far made me $35 on Ebay. yeehaw!

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Nothing really. My fil opted to have his 4th of July party on the 5th for some reason.

Tonight we're going to watch the town fireworks from our house, but I don't have anything planned yet for tomorrow. We'll probably just have burgers on the grill.

·
Registered
450 Posts
We'll be grilling ribs, chicken and my husband is smoking a pork shoulder. It's a lot, but there should be plenty of leftovers for him to take back to work so it won't be wasted. I have to laugh at him because he when it comes to grilling he always has to do it "big".

I'll be making the usual potato salad, baked beans, some sort of green veggie and rolls.

For dessert , I'm gonna try sugar free banana pudding and hope it turns out okay.

Besides the highlight of the day ( food!) we will probably just stick around the house so he can enjoy his couple days off.

I hope it turns out like this... Usually we have a bit of family from both sides come over and I'd really things less hectic for a change.

·
Registered
977 Posts
We are spending the morning canoeing on the Buffalo river. We'll camp two nights at the national park.

For the 4th we are having country style pork ribs (slow cooked in the dutch oven) and all the usual side dishes. I picked up fresh corn and will roast the ears on the fire at camp too. S'mores for dessert.

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,040 Posts
To the pool in the morning/afternoon, and then my parents are coming over for a cookout. :)

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
We went to a fireworks show last night.
There are no fireworks displays in our city ON the actual holiday. There's one two days before and one the day after :rolleyes:

So we are staying home, grilling & eating outside, and maybe doing some sparklers.

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
The 4th of July parade goes right by my house, so we invited tons of friends over to watch the parade (I don't want strangers on my yard). We're going to be cooking out with a few friends, watching fireworks and making smores over the firepit. Oh and potty training Wesley!

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
We never plan anything and usually end up having a cookout with the nieghbors.

Since the 4th is a Friday, DH has to work on Saturday, which means getting up early, so he'll be in bed by the time the fireworks start. Luckily, we live about 2 blocks from where they go off, so the kids and I will just sit out in the front yard and watch them! :)

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Its our 21st wedding anniversary!!!!!!....We wil be hanging out here in our pool with th kids and grands...have a cookout and then go to the fireworks!!

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Well, I will be turning 33 on the 4th so the day will be spent by me celebrating.

My sister and her family are coming into town today to stay with us for the weekend. Tomorrow morning we will get up and go downtown for the parade and entertainment. Then in the afternoon we will drive to Berea to my brother's house and have a big cookout, play cornhole and let all the children enjoy each other. Later we are setting off fireworks. On Saturday we are going to the pool in the afternoon. Sunday, we are going to Church and shipping off the company!

Everyone have a wonderful and safe Holiday :wave2:

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
We're supposed to get together with my 2 oldest SD's and their boyfriends/husband and head off to the state park BUT it might rain so plans may change.

·
27,948 Posts
Lots of things to celebrate, have fun friends! :happystars:
No plans here, just the 2 of us relaxing. We'll probably cook up some burgers with the works.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
We are going to tear out one side of our kitchen for now. We decided this would be a good weekend to do this as we have 3 days. skeleton for bottom counter will probably be built tomorrow and solid oak butcher block top cut and belt sanded Sat. and put on Sun.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts