Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tryed one of these?

I know the different fruit are grafted on, but the $20 would be well worth it if the tree grows as promised.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
go t mine from costco last year, thye did well last year, i got em too late for fruit. But i have hope for this season. I'll take pics if it made it through the winter.

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
good question. Like Judy asked, do you have a link? I haven't seen these advertised for a long time. I'm thinking maybe they start off doing like they're supposed to and end up doing.....???? I'm interested also

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
I've never tried the "fruit cocktail tree," as they used to be called, but I have never really had any luck with the combo trees that have more than 2-3 grafts on them. Typically, at least one of the grafts won't be able to compete, and I'll lose that variety. I've had good luck with the 2-3 graft trees, however.

·
Registered
3,299 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry folks, I've been working my tail off! But it was in one of the gardening catelogs I get every spring. When I get home I check...and yes it was only $20 something dollars. They also have an apple tree with 3 different varies on it. Both I thought would be a good deal if my "brown thumb" doesn't show up this year! Some years I can grow any and everything and other years I manage to kill anything green I touch.

·
Registered
484 Posts
yes i have 2 and will add 3 more this year-i got mine at home depot they have a wide varity early in the spring and lowes has pecan trees that i will get 2 this year--might have to shoot all the squirrls on this mountain or tie the wolf to one with a chain long enough to get to the other one ha ha--hugs to all fv

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.