Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am sooooo pumped!!!

We met with our mortgage broker yesterday. Our term is due Oct 1 and we were renegotiating our mortgage (our only debt). The light is at the end of the tunnel!! If we make just our regular payments, our home will be paid for in 5 years! This past year I was able to add an extra $4000 onto the principal and I plan on doing that every year to come, if possible.

If I'm able to do even just an extra $3000 a year extra we will be TOTALLY debt free in 3½ years!!

I can't wait!!!!!! :clap::clap:

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
That is awesome!!! :D

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
That is WAY COOL!

·
Registered
528 Posts
What wonderful news for you guys. Congratulations.:thumb:

Monner

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Good for you! :thumb:

--Michelle

·
Registered
604 Posts
that is the most amazing news- ooohhh I can only imagine the feeling.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone!! We're sooo excited........ Having a plan & budget and sticking with it works!! We're proof. We haven't suffered by taking control of our money.

Sure we had to stop spending tons of money on stuff we didn't need, but we made sure each of us had "blow money" so neither of us has felt deprived. Wish we'd taken control years ago, but you can only learn from past mistakes and move forward.
:rollsmile:rollsmile:rollsmile

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
That is so wonderful!!! Congratulations on getting closer every day to being debt free!!!! I'm totally jealous.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.