Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
8,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
~Unbelievable! I stopped in to Goodwill last night after a long break(downsizing before the move) because I needed a couple of dresses. I found two great dresses: one a lined cotton green dress, looks brand new, Gap for $3.50(half price tag) and a blue silk halter dress from Express, $4(half price tag). I took a chance on that one because it has a 4 inch make-up or paint smudge near the hem. I'm washing it now so we'll see.
Anyway, when I shop Goodwill I only do one 30 foot rack per visit. That takes me about 20 minutes. Then I try on the 20 or so things I pulled out and that takes another 20 minutes. I have to limit myself or I'll stay all day and night looking at everything! :lol:
The pants I bought were misfiled in with the dresses. I'd just bought the same size in Gap jeans at another thrift last month(also $2!)so I knew they'd fit. They were also a half price tag and only $2. They're a current item at Gap still for $60 a pair. Crazy! I got really lucky. ;) ~

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Way to go you found some awesome deals.

Let us know how the silk halter dress washes up.

Reactions: nuisance26

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Great deals! Way to go!

Reactions: nuisance26

·
8,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
~It's washable silk so I pretreated the area with detergent using an old toothbrush and hand washed it. The stain is gone!~

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
That is happy news. Thanks for the update

1 - 10 of 10 Posts