Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
8,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
~...since dd last had her pacifier! I've had her close to weaned off of it 2 times before(36 hour stretches) but she got sick and needed it again both times. This time she's been a bit fussy but consolable. We haven't said she can't have it. We just want her to say what she wants(she's speech delayed). The last day she asked for it was Monday night. I sneakily snatched it from her on Tuesday afternoon and she hasn't had it since! Yes! Finally!~

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
Congrats! It's such a hard habit to break!

I almost had Wesley weaned from it twice---once at 5 months, then Zac came home from his military AT and gave in. What a caver. Second time was right around 1 year, but then he started getting horrible ear infections and needed them until he had his tubes put it.

Once Zac deployed (Wesley was about 15 months), we got rid of them. For me it was easy, Wesley hid every single paci we had! EVERY ONE! Then he forgot where he hid them...he's seriously a hider of things. So I just didn't go out and get anymore. Now, he just turned 2 in February and I am STILL finding pacifiers every where in my house.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts