Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just re-worked our budget and realized that I'm 667 short of paying off the last CC this month. Work has been slow and we have had a few minor setbacks and unexpected expenses this month.

We are moving on Sunday to the 600 sf house and I'm in the middle of a selling frenzy on craigslist and ebay. I have made a few hundred and there is potential to make more, but it is slowing down. I am exhausted yet there is SO MUCH work to do!

All I can do is focus on that $667 number and pray that people buy my things! And as soon as we are settled in, I need to start looking for another job!

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'm hoping that you are able to make up the shortfall with your sales, and that your move goes smoothly. Best of luck - I'm rooting for you! It will all be worth it once you have moved in, and are paying less money.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Just sold another $10 worth of vintage kitchen items.

Also realized that the craft stamps my mother in law gave me are worth $$. I have a pile of ones I will never use, and was going to offer them to my SIL.

However, I just looked them up on Ebay and one of them is selling for $150 and others are in the $10-50 range. Crazy!

$667 is totally possible... I also didn't include other small amounts, like whatever was left over in our envelopes at the end of the month, a bank bonus of $25, or the cans I need to return. And the change I find in the street ;-)

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We decided to splurge and paint the new house. So that will set me back a few gallons of paint. Not feeling very frugal or gazelle-like at the moment but the alternative was hideous beige walls... I guess I could wait until this credit card is paid off but on the other hand I can't see how we will paint around our furniture once it is in... it is just too small!

I should note that we do have a small "household" budget that this will fall under...
Am I making a mistake? should I just suck it up and live with the beige for now?

·
Registered
346 Posts
I personally would live with beige... I lived with the most awful looking purple at our old house for 4 years before painting it in order to sell it. And my fave color is purple! But we didn't have the money. Oh, and our old house was very small also (1100 sq. ft, but felt smaller because of poor layout and poor upstairs headroom), but we managed to move furniture into the center of the room or into a different room - and that was with 4 kids and multiple pets underfoot.

Now if it would fall under a budgeted amount anyway, and I knew I didn't need that money for something more important (like a leaky faucet or a furnace that is about to die or a burst water heater or a washing machine that suddenly decides to spit water everywhere or a toilet that refuses to flush), then I could see that. :)

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. I did paint yesterday - wow what a difference. The place feels clean now! I spend far too much time at home to look at dirty beige walls for the next few years!. I think paint is the best way to redecorate on a budget. 2 cans of paint and a few hours of work, and it feels like a different place!

I want to learn how to refinish my furniture. That would be so much fun!

And I like purple! :)

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sold another $215 worth today... brought a carload of stuff to a consignment shop and have a huge pile for goodwill... still have a few more things I'm hoping to sell in the next few days and I have a feeling that at least 1/4 of our "stuff" will not fit in the new house and we will be forced to sell, including the large screen tv. ;)

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
You'll get there - just keep on chugging!

Is your siggy up to date?

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No, I spent more than $66 in groceries this month!

but the debt amounts are current as of 12/31. I am still waiting on two checks for this month and have to calculate the final numbers for Jan!

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
oh and the move went well, despite the moving truck sliding down our driveway and getting stuck in the snow! It is not easy moving in the middle of winter!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
oh and the move went well, despite the moving truck sliding down our driveway and getting stuck in the snow! It is not easy moving in the middle of winter!!
That's good and you know what you'll probably look back on this day and laugh

Reactions: gmarie

·
Registered
346 Posts
I hear ya on that one! We moved 1 year ago, in a blizzard. From SE WI to Twin Cities, MN. Oy.... 2 trips back and forth, in the snow, part of it in the middle of the night to get done on time for closing... Oh, the horror....

We do look back on it and laugh, though, now. Mostly... :p

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I just sent the payment for the last credit card! It feels so good, but will feel even better when I actually see the 0 balance on the card! i made most of the money I needed in my sales, and the rest is coming from this months budget... So excited!

·
Registered
120 Posts
I just sent the payment for the last credit card! It feels so good, but will feel even better when I actually see the 0 balance on the card! i made most of the money I needed in my sales, and the rest is coming from this months budget... So excited!
Woohoo :applause: :rockon: :cheergrl:
:grwave:
:dancing:
:congrats:

We need a hammer time smiley

·
Registered
95 Posts
Congratulations!!!!

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks - I am so anxious to see it come out of my checking account... I want to see that 0 balance!

Also it is the beginning of the billing cycle so I don't think I will have an extra interest charge next month... I hate those!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.