Frugal Village Forums banner
81 - 84 of 84 Posts
I've been making a last push this week. Got rid of a few more kids broken toys and bits and ends thrown out.
I did throw out/ donate some xmas decor that we just dont use. And use up some craft supplies making things with dd.

I started a mini-challenge for myself for the rest of the month. I'm sorting two boxes per day from our back bedroom, which is a disaster. All the stuff that normally would go into a basement ends up there and it's packed full of this, that, odds, ends, and junk. So I'm going through that slowly. Four boxes so far, some stuff sorted to donate but not added into the count yet, but small progress nonetheless.

I'm feeling pretty good about everything I flung this year. We donated approximately five bins of clothes to the Jersey Shore and an enormous bin of books to a library in Staten Island that got wiped out. We also donated a ton of gently used toys and a big trash bag full of old coats. Always working on the little stuff, but feeling good about the big ones!

I'm failing miserably at sorting two boxes per day. So far, only ten done. But we did get rid of 85 more items to GW today.

Oh, yeah, I also dumped an old lava lamp. But I saved the lamp parts to re-use in a ceramic Christmas tree I'm hoping to have painted by the end of next year. I'm still going to count the demise of the lamp as one out.

81 - 84 of 84 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.