Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DH and I are about to go back on the 90/10 diet. We went on it last Spring and each lost weight... I lost about 12 lbs in two months, and have kept it off, even with pregnancy.

Just wondering if anyone else has followed this plan, as I'm looking for some new recipes?

If you haven't heard of it, the basic concept is that your daily diet should be 90% healthy, 10% fun. You get one "fun food" allowance per day-- candy, pop, junk food, in specific portions--of your choice. This was why it worked for me-- no foods were off-limits. The overall diet is more or less calorie counting.

I don't remember the author's name off-hand, but if anyone wants it I'll go find my book.... it's in the other room, and I have a sleeping baby in my lap at the moment! ;)

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
sounds like a good plan :)

I am always saying that depriving ourselves will hurt us in the long run so it makes complete sense I think.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I agree that it sounds like a very good plan.

I have definately found out that if you totally deprive myself of some food that I really think that I want that somewhere, sometime, I will totally blow it and fall off the wagon big time.

I have heard of this idea, but I do not know of any specific recipes, etc for it. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts