Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://acomplaintfreeworld.org/ (It's on the right side.)

"The challenge is to go 21 days straight without mumbling a complaining word and no gossiping and criticizing either. If a person slips, the bracelet is to be switched to the other wrist, and the 21-day time period starts over."

They even sent a bunch of bracelets to Oprah.

I saw this on the Today show this morning and ordered a bracelet just a few minutes ago. I think it's a wonderful idea! I'm a pretty optimist person but it's always good to have a little reminder.

Let's work together to build a more positive world. :)

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
I'd like to try it. Thanks for sharing.:clap:

·
Registered
213 Posts
I think this is a great idea! I know I've been feeling a little negative lately, maybe this will give me the motivation to be a better person. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I'm in! Also got them for a few other people I know, DS, 3 sisters, 2 grown nieces, 3 friends. I'm starting today, even if I don't have the bracelet.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Wait, so you're not supposed to complain? Then how do wrongs change? Without complaints we all support the status quo.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Is there ever a time when it is ok to complain. If you go out to dinner tonight and order a steak well done and they bring out swimming in a pool of blood, we are to smile pretty and eat it so has not to complain and offend the cook. Guess I just don't get it, sometimes a complaint is required in order to fix a wrong.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I ordered a few (for me and few family members), I hope this helps remind me to complain less. I think it will help me focus less on what's "wrong" with my life and more on living and being grateful for what I have in life.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I would say it's more of being more aware of how you say things and not complain so much about the little things that aren't a big deal and can be fixed.

Not saying complaining it a bad thing but there are times when people complain then don't do anything to change it. Some people just seem to get caught up in the negative and not notice the good things in life.

“If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude. Don’t complain.” ~ Maya Angelou

If you don't want to take the challenage, don't. If you want to try, then do. You don't need a bracelet. You don't have to completely stop complaining, just try to be more positive in life. Adapt it to your life.

I hope I'm making sense. haha.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
I just ordered one...... I'm gonna give it a try! :toothy:

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I think it's a wonderful idea! I just ordered them for myself and DH.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
I have to agree with acidcookie here. Without dissatisfaction we would never strive for anything better. Sometimes to do this you need to voice complaints. I'm all for the no whinning thing so for those of you taking it on in the spirit of wording things more apropriately or not whinning I'm with ya....I just retain my right to constructively complain for changes I want. :cat:

·
Registered
473 Posts
Now that is a really cool idea. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Great idea... My kids LOVE those kinds of bracelets.. So I ordered one for each of them as well as my self.. I am hoping this will curb their attitudes and help them from being so negative. It might help, it might not, but it doesn't hurt to try. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Suggesting rather than complaining can make things change. Similarly, "I'd like this a little more done." regarding the undercooked steak still gets it fixed without having the same emotional impact of "This isn't done!" I think the complaint focuses on what is wrong, instead of focussing on what needs to be done to correct it.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Suggesting rather than complaining can make things change. Similarly, "I'd like this a little more done." regarding the undercooked steak still gets it fixed without having the same emotional impact of "This isn't done!" I think the complaint focuses on what is wrong, instead of focussing on what needs to be done to correct it.
You put it better then I could. Thanks!

I want to focus on the positive rather then the negitive. If I don't like something, I'm going to focus on what I can do to change it, rather then focusing on the fact it's just wrong.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Sounds like a good idea but I have teens so I wouldn't last very long.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts