Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had some extra cash in the purse and and an extra hour between appointments today, so went to Dollar Tree.

I found some really nice kitchen towels, green and white striped, with a matching green quilted hot pad glove and a set of 3 mini spatulas in the same green. And they also had Duncan Hines Brownie mix, cookie mix or cake mix.

So I'm making up some gifts with a towel, hot pad glove, spatulas and a mix. Not sure yet what to put it in: a baking pan or bowl, probably. So I'm getting a head start on Christmas!

I also have loads of nephews and I like to get them something every year, but it has to be small because there are so many of them. So I saw their boxed movie candies and thought, "Aha!" I bought about 20 boxes, with as many different kinds as possible. I think I'll make them into grab bags. The boys love candy!

·
Registered
900 Posts
Dollar tree is great for gift basket type gifts. :D Good finds!!! My recent find at DT and Big Lots is fancy yarn, fun fur, boa yarn, thick silky, soft stuff and much more for $1each. I took back the Walmart clearance and cheap stuff I bought for $2.50 a ball and traded it for cool yarn. Also, destined to be Christmas gifts. :)

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
Target's dollar spot always has great stuff! I got 5 wire basket like things for 1$. They'll be used to make my own bath &bodyworks type of things that I get dirt cheap on clearance and stuff.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I might have to make a trip out there this weekend. Love bargains.

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
I've been avoiding the Dollar Tree lately. I *may* stop by soon to replenish the hba and see what Christmas tins they have for the cookie gifts.

I love the gifts that can be put together with Dollar Tree finds. A ribbon here, a bow there, and no one knows the difference!

Great find! I am going to write that down in my book.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I love Dollar Tree. Last year I went after Christmas and everything Christmas was 50% off!! I got lots of kitchen towels and hot pads, fancy bags, and holiday ziplock bags. 50 cents each!!!!
I get books for the little ones there, also the movie candies, I have even got some DVD's for the kids (old time cartoons). I buy lots of holiday candies there as well (wrapped) and sprinkle them thru the gift baskets.
I get poinsetta pics for the cemetaries as well. We have a lot of graves to decorate - so it saves a lot of money.
Make sure you go right after Christmas. Ours started the 50% off a couple years ago. What DEALS

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
I was just there the other day but was there for the kids who wanted to spend some of their money they earned by doing extra chores. I probably would have bought way too much otherwise, so maybe it's a good thing I didn't spend too much time there :laugh:

Great gift ideas, forHISglory :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
I went there last weekend and stocked up for halloween, cleaning and Nov. Dec. birthdays. I spent over $20. I walked out with 5 sacks.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I love the dollar tree and wish we had something similar in Australia, last time we were in america we went and got strawberry shortcake and spongebob drinking cups for $1.00 the kids loved them. We also got a lot of hba there for our trip and i got some makeup there and also a whole bunch of dora spongebob and disney princess gloves for $1 made great gifts when we got back home

·
Registered
924 Posts
I just went over the weekend and picked up 5 packs of 8 notecards that read something like "Teachers make the world go round". For $1each. These will be perfect for my son's 5 preschool teachers.

I also printed a list of 63 gift ideas for under $10 off the internet. I matched up the items with the people and I'm am well on my way.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I went last week and found smart ones entrees and SO's breakfast sandwiches, next door at the A&P they'd be at least 2.99 each maybe more. Also stocked up on some frozen veggies. I love $ tree!

·
Registered
924 Posts
I'm not good at links and all that but if you just Google 63 gift ideas for under $10, it comes right up.

·
Registered
8,653 Posts
I love the Dollar store & the dollar sections at other stores. There are usually some great things there.
My dad is a sports nut and I have found him many sports non fiction books & biography at the dollar store. I got him a nice coffee table football book that the cover of it said was 24.99 and I got it the dollar store.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Some really good gift ideas!!

forHISglory----can I be on your Christmas list? I have a green kitchen! LOL.

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sure, Cab54!

·
Registered
682 Posts
I'm thinking I will be doing alot of Xmas shopping at Dollar Tree!:shhh:
I just love it.:loop: Thinking of making some gift baskets.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Today I found yarn at Dollar Tree. It was the eyelash kind that I use on trim for scarves and hats! I only boughtone skein because I have tons of yarn, and I'm trying to use some of it up!!!!

They also had hats/mittens/scarves for kids. Really cute stuff!!!:grball:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts