Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is to someday write a book. if i were to go and do it, how does one go about getting published? how does one get off the ground so to speak?

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
I have a manuscript written already, I wrote it shortly after my mom and sister died. Just write it, you can search online on how to type a manuscript (there are rules, believe it or not) and then just type away. Make sure you save a copy to disc, that way if your computer crashes you won't lose your work. When the time comes, you may have to publish it yourself. Many a good author had to self-publish first.

May I ask what kind of book you would like to write?

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's kind of a cheap living, simple family life type book. Things I have learned from my grandparents, mom, and trial and error. Shaving the budget here and there, adding revenue to the family bank account, things like that.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
It's a worthy idea and if I were you I would start doing research on how to get published. The first thing any publisher is going to want to see is a manuscript...so start writing :D!

·
Registered
626 Posts
It's good to have dreams and your lucky you not only have dreams but internet access so you can research all that while you write a book.
I read about Oscar Wilde and he would write the whole book in his head before putting it on paper and often put the whole thing on paper in a mattter of hours or days ( except when in french as he was not good at the language)

Write your book first... go over it a few times and make sure its perfect.
Then you are ready to shop for publishers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts