Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just blogged about January, and I realized that the whole month went by without me doing any one specific thing that I could look back on with any sense of accomplishment.

I don't want February to go by the same way, so I am setting a challenge to myself and to anyone else who wants a memorable month to come up with one accomplishment that you can do in a month and that you can look back with pride upon, come March, and say, "Yes, February was great because that is the month that I did [fill in the blank]."

Thinking of what my accomplishment should be. I'll post it some time today.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
"Yes, February was great because that is the month that I [Mastered making doll clothes and sold them on craigslist]."

Thanks Madhen. I really hope I can stick with this!!!

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have been thinking of this on and off all day. I think I will try to make February the month that I resumed my running and got back up to being able to run five miles. (Right now, I am at about two miles.)

·
19,119 Posts
I will make February the month that I resumed my daily exercising in the pool.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Thank you madhen! I so need this! I was just telling my dd #2 that January got away from me, but February absolutely will not! I have several goals in mind, but I'm just gonna list my most "nagging" one. Sooooo...."February was a great month because that is the month I completely> (key word there :)), decluttered the spare BR and Bath". I NEED to start living in my WHOLE house again!

Theresa :)

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did my four mile walk yesterday. Used to call that my "short" walk, but now it leaves my legs aching the next day! So, I obviously have to get moving (literally) to achieve a five mile run in (ACK!!) 28 days!!!!

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Madhen...I will also strive to reach that five mile mark with you by the end of the month. I was up to almost seven miles by summer last year and just up and quit :( Makes me mad.

Reactions: madhen

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
COOL, VanVivCam!! Nice to have some moral support!! How far can you run right now? I'm going to test myself this afternoon and see if I can even do my two-miler anymore.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well like everyone else, January just slipped by. Besides not having a ton of snow like we normally do, it was just a blurr... So with that being said..

I have 2 February Goals and they are: to walk at least 10 minutes each day and work up to 30 minutes. And to get things listed and sold on either Craigslist or Ebay or a combo of both.

I will cheer those on who want or need it...
:newbie::teddy2::cowwave::grnwave:

Clearly I like these smiley face thingies... I'm such a kid..

·
Registered
7,735 Posts
I'm bringing pets into my life again after many years. The cage is in transit, I've been reading, and by the end of the month, everything should be in place. That will definitely make February memorable!

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was going to try for a run yesterday, but I got screwed up, time-wise, due to having a MINOR melt-down that resulted in me having to do two full grocery-shopping trips. Today will be tough, but we'll see. I really want to get a baseline of how far I can run!

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I am running now two miles in just under 30 minutes. I will be going to the gym later today and see if I can make it a little faster/futher in 30 minutes.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Okay! This thread is looking good! Nice going ladies, and very nice inspiration coming my way!

So, I got myself started with clearing out a shelf section in the garage that was filled with literal garbage. And except for a few things, that's where most of it went....in the garbage can. Felt good too because I rarely find the "courage" to toss things that seem even a little bit useful. But I did it, and now have room for my "must keeps" from that spare room I want cleared. It would be perfect if I could actually only keep enough to fit in those garage shelves. My dh would be so proud...lol! He's a "tosser" and I'm a "keeper". But maybe that's a goal for another day....we'll see. One thing at a time!

Loving this thread!

Theresa :)

·
Registered
839 Posts
I made it to the 1/2 way mark on my afghan. It takes about a 1/2 hour for each row and I have 57 more to go. At this pace, it should take me two more weeks if I can keep plugging away with an hour or two each evening.

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Okay, went for a run today and made it to my two-mile mark. It was not pretty, and it took me about eight minutes longer than it should, but I made it. :)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts