Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't get me wrong. I loved being a SAHM. I loved being involved, being the pit stop for all of the teenagers to flock to, loved being with our dk's, running after them, and so on and so forth. I wouldn't trade one second of my life before my nest emptied out. I honestly feel that raising my children fullfilled my destiny
BUT.........
There are a few advantages to being only the two of you again.
1. You don't HAVE to cook if you don't want! (I had Honey nut Cheerios for supper. Dh fixed his own-frozen chicken strips)
2. MUCH less laundry. We do about 2-3 loads per WEEK not per day!
3. Much less cleaning!!! :yippee:
4. More alone time with dh :hubba:
Can anyone add a few more?

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
1.Not having to share your drink, food, etc. with someone else.
2. Gong to a store, picking something out and not putting it back because the kids need/want something.

·
27,948 Posts
I'm not there yet but it's going to be nice not playing taxi and going school shopping!:) Also looking forward to cooking foods our kids would freak out over.:loop:

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I have a Sr and a Jr so I am almost there and boy howdy! I am looking forward to it.
I LOVE my boys but I need them to depend on them and not yell MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM everytime they need or want something!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm almost there. Have 2 dd's 19 & 21. One of the things I look forward to is the phone not ringing all the time and being able to keep on top of recharging the cordless phones batteries!:bang:

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I am almost there, just DD left at home, she is a junior in high school this year so 2 more years left before she is off to college. I am looking forward to peace and quite. It will also be nice to be able to clean a room and come back 30 mins later and it will still be clean. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts