Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my best gf's is having her second child. She is not having a baby shower or she is but isnt telling me b/c I will make the big trek to see her (shes out of province) and she doesnt want me to go outta my way aka spend money.

I have purchased a few things for baby to be - they know its a boy. So far Ive purchased clothes, bathing items and a toy - all small frugal items. But I wanted to do something for her and hubby as well, as well as her son whos turning 10yrs old in April which Ive already purchased his birthday gift.

They have all that they need b/c they've lived together as a family for some time now and are slowly buying things that they want/need for their baby.

What is a good (fun?) gift for expectant parents? Or expectant families?

Keep in mind I want to keep it pretty low key and very frugal. The only thing I can think of is a gift certificate for a family meal out or to the movies. Something for the two of them (or 3 if you count her son) Baby is due in June!

·
Registered
547 Posts
How about one of those 3D puzzles, the son is old enough, and even for the parents it can be fun to put together, and send thema pizza certifcate for a full evening?

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I was thinking maybe a movie night theme... a $5 block buster card for a movie rental and a gift bag with microwave popcorn and assorted "movie" candy choices (junior mints, twizzlers, candy bars, etc...). You could probably keep this idea around $10 if you find good deals on candy on sale.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
As a mom, I always love it when I get baby freebies in the mail (diapers, wipes, coupons, etc...) Maybe you could call a bunch of companies for her and have things sent to her in her name.....that would be free for you, and they would keep coming for a while...if she plans on formula feeding, call the company. Call all the diaper companies that you can think of, tell them "your" due date. You get the picture.

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was thinking maybe a movie night theme... a $5 block buster card for a movie rental and a gift bag with microwave popcorn and assorted "movie" candy choices (junior mints, twizzlers, candy bars, etc...). You could probably keep this idea around $10 if you find good deals on candy on sale.
Thanks Marie - but I used this one as a Christmas gift....was hoping for something 'fun' for the parents before baby is born - that kinda thing. Something for her son as well as he too is going to have his life changed with another lil guy around fighting for mommy's attention. :scratch:

As a mom, I always love it when I get baby freebies in the mail (diapers, wipes, coupons, etc...) Maybe you could call a bunch of companies for her and have things sent to her in her name.....that would be free for you, and they would keep coming for a while...if she plans on formula feeding, call the company. Call all the diaper companies that you can think of, tell them "your" due date. You get the picture. - Intl Mom
This may be harder then it seems...shes very undecided which route she wants to go still even though this is her second child....Id gladly get her more baby care items once shes chosen but its hard to figure this out....Id love this idea for 'me' when its my turn to have a baby and Traci - you are one smart cookie gf! LOL

Keep the ideas comin ladies!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts