Frugal Village Forums banner

A Graci Rant!

Tags
graci rant
775 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  graci42 
#1 ·
I have been victimized by my own children!

Last week I came home from work to my dd patiently waiting. She sat poker straight at the table, shame etched into her sage-green eyes.

"Mom, I need to tell you what I did before I show you these", she said as she nodded toward the stack of papers on the table.

I figured it must be bad but was unprepaired for the actual truth of the matter. I have a trust for my daughter that has never been broken...until now.

It seems she had forgotten to bring home these papers for me to see and sign, proving that I had indeed seen them. Basically, these papers are an example of her work over a period of time. The teacher picks the work to be shown, but she allows the student 3 choices, too.

In order to avoid a detention, my daughter FORGED MY NAME and was busted!

I was so shocked that I was speechless...hard to believe, I know!

Identity Theft
Forgery
Concealment of the Truth

All of these things raced thru my mind...and spewed from my mouth...accusations, I was mortally wounded!

Where had I gone wrong that my daughter felt she could act in this manner...

In the next few minutes I began to feel as though I were a flatfoot in a B-movie...interigating the murder suspect. Already having pieced together the clues but still looking for the motive...

I asked her how she thought she would get away with it...she replied that she knew she wouldn't.

THEN WHY DID SHE DO IT IF SHE KNEW SHE COULDN'T GET AWAY WITH IT????

Her reply: "I couldn't get the ink off!" waaaaaaaaaaaa....

I laughed so hard I nearly peeeeeed myself!

Ok...the motive was eventually revealed...For those who recieve 2 or less detentions during a grading period, the student is rewarded by viewing a movie. Those who have "over extended" themselves in the detention area...go to study hall.

The punishment may seem harsh, but I felt it was necessary! She is grounded for the remainder of the school year. Rather 2 months now than 15-20 later.

I'm sure you are all wondering why I'm telling you about this a week later? And some may notice that I used the plural form--children.

Welllllllll....My ds7 decided to take a page out of his sisters book this morning. He forged my initials on a "read at home book". By the way-- he did a much better job of it...LOL

Guess who's grounded for the rest of the school year now, too?

Now, tell me, if his sister didn't get away with it, what makes him think he would either?

**Graci laughs with evil glee**

See less See more
#4 ·
My ddd (3rd D intentional and doesn't mean dearest or darling--LOL) later informed me that she'll "get out of the ground eventually"....

Mom's reply-- "Not in this lifetime!"

After we'd both calmed down, I asked her if it was worth it...She said No. A valuable lesson learned, I hope!

My sister thinks I'm being too hard on her. I told her (sis) that not punishing her or giving her a "light" sentence, a slap on the hand would send the message that it's alright to cheat, lie, steal, forge, if it's only a little bad. Sorry...bad is bad. There are degree's of guilt or innocence, but to act with INTENT to mislead is wrong...no if's and's or but's...welllllll maybe a few butt's...LOL

later gator

#5 ·
LOL...My brother did this when he was in kindergarten. He forgen my mom's initials (CC) on all his work for over a month before anyone caught on, he was that good..lol. of course this was the same kid who changed his name to Tom for a while and then to Higgins because he said there where too many Joe's around. Plus he was a Magnum fan..lol.

#6 ·
Graci, if you are able to stick to your guns I will be so proud of you. I get tough thnen I wimp out. This happens when I make long punishments, especially grounding, I cant take it and I need a break! I know Im bad, worse than the kids sometimes.

#7 ·
I know what you mean, Robin. But I am determined because she had the GULL to tell me to my FACE that "she'd get out of it eventually"!

I feel another rant coming on!!!! LOL

#8 ·
See that is when i would say Your grounded until your out of high school. I am so bad,
My son tried to forge my name once, He spelled it Hean Hello do we not know how to spell my name and my handwriting can't be copied by any child. LOL.
I have been there too. I think your defantly doing the right thing.

#9 ·
ROFLMAO...What is it? Do kid's think just because we are over 30 that we only have a couple of brain cells left??? LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.