Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is all it has

It has the clearance with coupon Easter Jelly beans ( starburst brand)

It also has 75% off clearance Christmas Candy canes ( Starburst strawberry flavor)

And we just finished off the bag of 75% of Halloween chocolate. bye bye 3 musketeers, snickers, Twix, and dark chocolate milky way.

Think I should look closer at the clearance Easter candy for some chocolate.

Is Halloween the next candy holiday?

Well besides mother's day chocolates

·
Registered
16,430 Posts
:lol: Way to go! Our candy jar is full of candies either given to us or that we picked up on the way out the door of restaurants. Our daughters always get a chuckle when they visit. They claim they can tell what restaurants we visited recently by the candy in the candy bowl! :D

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
I have 3 tall airtight containers from buying DF gourmet jelly beans - store brand - and well since we have those - I fill them with 'clearance' finds. Usually chocolate something something or retro candies.

Right now, I have various flavours of Lindt truffle balls, Toblerone singles in one container - both from Christmas.

The second jar has individually wrapped mint Lifesavers - a rekindled fave!

Lastly I have a jar of individually wrapped mini Easter pb cups :shhh: don't tell DF or they'll all be gone in the blink of an eye!

And YES clearance candy tastes WAY better! :)

·
19,119 Posts
That's what's wrong - we don't have a candy jar!! At school, there are candy canes and valentine hearts in the refrigerator and a huge bag of jolly roger candy in a reused Christmas cookie tin. No chocolate anywhere because it always gets eaten first - of course!!

Reactions: peanut and imagine

·
Registered
623 Posts
Why is it that candy and that type of food with seasonal packaging goes on sale so cheap--wish meat was in the same category !!

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Why is it that candy and that type of food with seasonal packaging goes on sale so cheap--wish meat was in the same category !!
If the store bought meat for the holiday or if it packaged in holiday packaging it does go on sale, just like the candy.

Packages of summer and cheese packaged in Christmas baskets or boxes does go on sale.

Meat sliced up for Super Bowl Sunday the day after does go on sale.

If a store bought to much ham for Easter it goes on sale.

They just don't get down to pocket change prices because they start out at higher prices but the same % off can found.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts