Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looked at my credit card statement today and it was an emotional jump start ( jump start like a car battery jump start)

The little square that tells you how many years it will be until you have it paid of if you only make minimum payment. Started as a scared me motivator now it is a happy make me smile motivator.

I was given a money gift. Someone shared a portion of a financial blessing they had received with me. I put it toward the credit card debt.

And it this is how it changed that square:

Min payment years till pay off down from 55 years to 52 years.

Min payment due each month down about $30. The min payment was barely covering interest before. Now more of my payment each month ( which will stay at the very least the same as it was) will cover more principal and bring down that total faster than.

Oh yes seeing that square change was definitely an emotional jump start, a great motivator. I'm looking forward to the next box change. I can do this.

I'm all grins.

Reactions: Nishu

·
Registered
867 Posts
That square was very scary to look at! I remember figuring how old I would be if I kept on "their" time. lol

You can do it! Join the debt reduction thread and make that square go away :D

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That square was very scary to look at! I remember figuring how old I would be if I kept on "their" time. lol

You can do it! Join the debt reduction thread and make that square go away :D
Debt reduction Thread? where is it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.