Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Apparently my Goodwill has decided that some things are just worth more $$.

I found the perfect pair of corduroy pants. Perfect color perfect fit.

Not so perfect price

They now have red tag items that are the better items and they are not priced the same as the other items.

This pair of cords ended up being a red tag.

But I needed the pants and they looked nice and were the right color and fit well ( nice looking and comfortable too ) and a newer style that is still in stores.

So I forked over the cash for them. $5.39 cents

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Why is that not a bargain?? I regularly pay between 5-7 for pants at the thrift. If I love them and they fit....it's till cheaper than 40-50 retail!

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why is that not a bargain?? I regularly pay between 5-7 for pants at the thrift. If I love them and they fit....it's till cheaper than 40-50 retail!
The regular priced pants at our Goodwill are $2.99

And a few weeks ago I bought a pair of Lands end khaki pants for 75 % off the Salvation Army price paid 75 cents.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
If you love them and will wear them lots, I say it's a good buy. I still have Gap shirts I bought 11 years ago that haven't faded, still have shape and look great.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you love them and will wear them lots, I say it's a good buy. I still have Gap shirts I bought 11 years ago that haven't faded, still have shape and look great.
oh they will be worn for dressy and casual

I have two pairs of jeans, a pair of cotton khaki pants, and now these khaki cords.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I love the Goodwill ! I bought 55 brand new skeins of yarn in a nice plastic tub for 30.00. Thats just 55 cents each !! I also got a pair of jeans that fit really good ( I have lost weight and all my other pants are big). I really think I did good ! Oh and since I knit and crochet items for a charity, this was a boost !

·
Registered
6,988 Posts
I think that is a good deal. Our Goodwill has jeans ranging from 4.99 to 29.99. Nope the 29.99 is not a typo! It is common to see so called better brands at 14.99. The 29.99 jeans were a pair of used " Seven for all Mankind". Granted they are around 200 new but still.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
That's still a great price. Our goodwill has been increasing their prices as well but it's still cheaper than retail!!! Enjoy the new pants! :)

Reactions: imagine

·
Registered
669 Posts
Anything you love and will wear is a bargain. Better to pay a little more and get a lot of use of them instead of buying cheaper and having them just sit in the closet.

I scored at Salvation Army, found a London Fog rain coat, zip in liner, tags still on the coat, for $7.50. I'll pay more than that to have it altered, as it's a bit too big, but even with that it is a great bargain.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Usually it does come down to you get what you pay for. I will usually spend "more" at a thirftstore if I know the clothing is good quality and will last a long time. The prices are usually the same as if I bought the item on clearance at a regular store. It is going on three years that I started updating my wardrobe and I still have the good clothes I paid more for at the thriftstore. Sometimes it is better to make that investment.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I don't care for the local Goodwill at all. I do shop there but seldom find anything for myself. I do find shirts for dh and got 4 new ones for $2.75 each.

I prefer The Key which is a thrift shop that supports the women's domestic abuse shelter. I bought a couple pair of dress slacks for $2.50 each that were brand new top brands. Only problem is they have crazy hours which only leaves me 1/2 hour after work before they close to shop.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I think you found a good deal! Our local goodwill has jeans and dress pants for $5.99. Unfortunatley we have one of those goodwill that don't have discount days on certain colors.

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
But it was still a good price...........and if they fit....hey, that is over half the battle IMO.

:tay:

Seems like EVERYONE is finding deals..............I am going to have to go looking........need some 'decent' clothes real bad!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts