Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok well my mil called me Saturday (she has just put her 91 year old dad in an assisted living facility) ---

Well, naturally I would be going to visit him anyway --but she wanted to know if i would be interested in a part time job, going at least 3 nights a week, maybe 4 from like 7:00-10:00 pm and sitting with him (watch tv, talk --can't talk much because he had a stroke and can't talk well) and she would pay me by the hour... She said he really thinks alot of me and would enjoy having me there and it would take alot of pressure off of her too
She doesn't want him to be alone.. I told her SURE, I WOULD LOVE TO DO THAT----------She said that was such a blessing for me to accept, and she knew i could probably use the extra money.

So that was great news--I start for the first night Wednesday.. wish me luck

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
WTG Vickie! i used to do the home health aide thing, but mine was more patient care, not just companion!
That is so great, and to know he likes you anyway is a huge plus!
Enjoy!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
That sounds like a very nice job, Vickie. And her dad will apreicate the companionship.:heartsm:

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
What a great job to be offering such companionship to someone who needs it this will help you get things straight too!
Good luck Vickie !

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Wow, that's awesome! Good luck :)

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
What a great job! I'm sure that both of you will enjoy your visits.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Good luck Vickie! That will be a wonderful job being able to be a companion to your DH's grandfather. I am sure the extra money will come in handy.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
That is a blessing for all 3 of you, your MIL, her father and you. God does work in wonderful ways doesn't He?

I am glad for you. :angel:

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Great news Vickie!! I think I would go to the library and get some of Zane Grays books (or whatever your grandfather likes). I bet he would love to be read to.

Have fun! :)

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
UPDATE: I start tomorrow night for the first visit...Wish me luck..

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The visits have been great --i am able to pick up on alot of things he is talking about even though he had the stroke (after listening to him a good bit, you can make out some of the things he is talking about) We've watched several Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune shows. :lol: Last night he didn't want to get out of the bed though, he wasn't feeling up to par so i am going back tonight too. My mil is out of town for 2 weeks so I will be going extra time these 2 weeks....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts