Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for those of us with junk drawers...name one thing in it. Why is it there? Where could or should it be?

I have a lot of stuff in my junk drawer, but on top are some gel pens. I bought them on sale at staples and there they sit. I honestly can't think of any other place for them. My junk drawer has small things in ziploc bags. lol

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Oh Sara, I love those gel pens.

I have quite a bit in my junk drawer because I don't really have a lot of kitchen cupboards in this house. When I open it the first thing you see are rubber rings for canning and a map.

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
I just went to check and the first thing I saw was a note pad and some erasers, they should be in the school/computer room. Mind you there was also, nails, screws, elastics, small hammer, pictures and on and on and on. Thank goodness I just have ONE junk drawer now.:smball:

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I have things like rubberbands (I use these instead of chip clips, roll bags of chips, crakers, brown sugar, ect and put a rubberband on it to keep it closed) batteries, birthday candles, little bags of screws and brads, and lots of junk too !!!!!!!!!:D

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I have 2 junk drawes in my kitchen one has things like pens, pads of paper, paper clips, stapler those type things. the other is a tool junk drawer with a hammer, screwdrivers, screws, staple gun, hooks all those type things...

Eileen

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
I have one in the kitchen, lots of hardware stuff, screws, nails etc

I have 3 in the dining room. Originally I think they were meant to hold silverware and the like. I have a built in China hutch, but those drawers are the catchall for everything that we drop on the dining room table!
I do have ideas for these, one is SUPPOSED to have wrapping, and stationary supplies, the other is SUPPOSED to be candles and matches, things like that. The other is for scissors, pens pencils etc, but there is never a pen or a pair of scissors in there ! Go figure.

·
27,948 Posts
I have a junk basket on top of the fridge and in it are~
Screwdriver/ hammer combo
Pliers, sunprint kit, silly putty:D, lock,level, shoehorn, a yo yo,eyeglass repair kit,marbles,electric outlet plugs,chalk...
:toothy:

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Junk! Look at all this junk, a light switch cover from the "old" bathroom, 10 year old "rabbit ears", a filter for the dustbuster that died 3 years ago.....................vacuum cleaner belts, we'll keep those!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I have spoon rests, trivets, a tape measure, paperclips, chip clips, baggie of rubber bands, baggie of thumb tacks, nails to hang pictures, drywall anchors. No real junk here...

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
A tape measure, paper clips, matches, cables and cords (no idea what they belong to), batteries... Not too much, but we just moved in so give us time. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts