Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
:applause:That was fantastic I was having a flashback to my teen years. Long gone are those dreams but filled in with better ones as in my sons and husband. Thanks for posting that I hummed through all of the songs.

Monner

·
Registered
783 Posts
Wow thanks I loved it. I think that is when things did start to change for Americans.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Don't want to go back there. I wasn't into the Beatles and (Mr Elvis
the Pelvis )hype.
Don't like rock and roll that much..
I see it as the start of the world decline in common sense.
JMHO

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
I loved it, thanks for sharing... I was born in the 70's but what a difference from today.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
This was a lot of fun. Even though at the time I was just a little kid and had not much of an idea of what was going on.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I was born in 1965, so I have faint memories of the hippy stuff (you should see photos of the way they use to dress me!).

For those a little older than me... it was difficult time to be growing up.

I really enjoyed this, thanks!

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I was born in '58 so I grew up during the 60's. It was a great time and I remember how much simpler life used to be back then.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Thank you. I was born in the early 60's but it still brought back memories of my childhood. Going to a McDonalds was considered a special treat back then, and I do remember watching the moon landing on our little black and white TV.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I was born in 49 and graduated in 1967. This definitely brought back a lot of memories for me.

It was a very strange time to be coming into your own because we were all questioning who we were, what our place was in the world, why the war kept going on and on and our fiances, brothers and fathers were dying over there the way they were.

Redefining ourselves as women was really brought out and we were trying to make sure we could stand on our own two feet.

It wasn't all sweetness and light, we had riots and protests. Domestic violence was at a new all time high, police ignored women's complaints about assaults and rape and blamed the woman for being victimized.

But the music and the art, new ways to express ourselves and be in the world that was the high point of it all for me.

·
4,028 Posts
Wow, I liked that, thank you for sharing it. Born in '64 I have memories of the latter part of the decade but wow, what a difference there is today.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts