Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From a pic in a catalog, I made this card. It uses a few techniques I enjoy using, like embossing, crumpling, (Crumpling is basically where you wet the paper and crumple it, open it crumple again - repeat as desired. then while still damp iron flat between kitchen towels), and sewing on paper (to sew on paper just use your machine and go slowly and very carefully- take your time). It was fun. It isn't my own design, I saw it in a catalog and tried to somewhat replicate the design, but with a few of my own variations. I took some away and added some, so on.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It is supposed to look like a butterfly. hope the idea comes across.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
It's beautiful !!!!!!!!!
I tried my hand at card making this week and I didn't come near the wonderful cards you and Bev are making...... Great job Melissa !

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Great job Melissa! :)

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Great job!! Maybe you and Bev can get together and start your own card business. !

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Love that card! Great job!

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
That's beautiful Melissa - I LOVE it!

You have alot of patience - Once I start something I want it finished instantly LOL.

I really do like this - it is very special.

Keep posting them - I need some new ideas ;)

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
That's a pretty card. I like reading the techniques because I am not familar with cardmaking or scrapbooking at all. It's interesting to read. I love seeing all the pics too.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone! I liked this card in particular because it crossed over into techniques that could be used in scrapbooking as well. the matting of the design, the embossing, and the sewing are all techniques i have used in my scrapbook pages. The crumpling I haven't used all that often, but like the effect. the paper sort of ends up looking like leather in a way, might be a great way to, (with brown paper??) accent a page with a masculine theme or maybe kids playing cowboys?? camping theme accent?? Lots of possibilities. The page I had used it on was a wedding page and i had used it in white paper, it looked soft, cloud like. But the page wasn't mine so i don't have it anymore. :(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts