Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you may have realized, I have a terrible time ceeping on top of things in my home. Well this weekend I really want to get something cleaned up - anything will do - I really want to get on top of all this and get on with my life.

So.................... I decided to attack specific areas in my house and see how long it actually takes to clean them up. First thing I did was clean off and put away all the many treasures that I had piled on our bed = 9 MINUTES!!

Now please know that I am not shifting things to another space, I am putting away, throwing away or giving away.

Next of my list (again) our LR couch. Shall be back with the time soon!! Care to join in?

·
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
LR couch is now totally cleared off, slipcover is tucked in - looking good. Time = 7 MINUTES!!

Not exactly sure what's next, but shall be back to report because this is totally working for me!!

·
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mahalo friends!!

Okay - the space on the couch where I usually sit gets cluttererd very quickly since I like to nest and have things around me. So I next tackled the floor around my 'space' and cleared it all up and put it all where it belongs = 10 MINUTES.

Now taking a break to do some dishes and then choose another space!!

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Often, MM, I find it's not the work itself, it's just getting started. Congrats on finding a way to get things rolling!
That is my problem lots of time, and once i do get started and get the job done i think that didn't take long why did i wait so long about doing the job.

·
Super Moderator
19,683 Posts
I'm with you! Maybe not today, but soon. And I know just where to start. I have a little table at the end of my couch that collects clutter like crazy. I'm sure it won't take me long to clear it off and then I'll have a place to set my water bottle again.

It's funny you mentioned this because so often we'll do something here and I'll look at my husband and say, "See how little time this took? Why did it take us X years to get it done?" :D

Of course, some of us are world-class procrastinators!

·
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think we all just need a nudge to get things done. Am so happy to be adding this to my repertoire!! Already have my eye on a few areas that are going to be next!! It's king od like exercising, once I get into the daily groove of doing it, it just flows much easier!!

Reactions: Libby

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I am totally digging this Marilyn!!! I've got to plan meals for next week and make the correlating grocery list - starting.........NOW!

·
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LuckyBustert just mentioned something in her thread about getting rid of old magazines, etc. I have a pile that needs to be deleted from the LR and will time how long it actually takes!!

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
I couldn't let you have all this fun without me. *Grins*

I didn't finish the job, just made a dent. I filled the outside garbage can half way with junk from the porch. I also piled about half of the boxes to be recycled to a designated area. Took about 10 minutes?

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Done! Eighteen minutes.

This is fun!

·
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am so glad to have my friends joining in on the fun!!

Am takaing a lunch break now, but may just fit in something else before I get ready to leave for the other side!!

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
After a break I went out and put a 1/4 more of the boxes to be recycled in designated area. 5 minutes

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I work like this a lot. Once I get started on something, it's amazing how little time it takes to get something done. I cleaned out the dog area in my garage the other day, took like 10 minutes and it looks great! Ok, I have a stack of papers on my desk I need to go through. I'm off to get those finished. Back in a bit!

·
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I needed to take carr of some emails - and did - 2 minutes!!

Am just to relax with basketball before I leave. Not necessarily that I deserve it - but it is the right thing to do!!

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
Of course you deserve it Maui!

Swept two thirds of the porch of the leaves that blew up on it last time a cold front blew through. Took about 20 mins?

Reactions: mauimagic

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I could totally see this becoming a permanent days of the week thread - like What's for Dinner or Miserly Monday etc.....

What would the name of it be????

Reactions: pollypurebred39

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
Made a late supper, Chinese food. I sliced chicken breast thin and coated in crumbs. Stir-fried tons of vegetables, made a slightly sweet sauce with oyster sauce, dark soy sauce & garlic and then tossed all together. Took 1 hour 13 minutes.

Not clutter, still work I didn't feel like doing. :)

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
What about something along the lines of Twenty Minutes or Less?
And you would have twenty minutes from the time you posted to get done (or mostly done) the nagging job you posted about??

Reactions: Libby
1 - 20 of 42 Posts