Frugal Village Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my personal challenge blog, I joined a "Read 100 Books in 2010" challenge. I don't have any illusions that I'll make it to 100 but I want to see how far I can go. I'm in some other reading challenges but they can all crossover so it's not as big a deal as it seems.

I thought it might be fun if we keep track of how many books we read here on FV. I'd be happy to keep a running total here (with titles and authors, if possible) in this post if anyone wants to give it a shot.

No rules, any kind of book ~ dead tree books, ebooks, audio, tech manuals, cookbooks, YA books, if it's a book and you read it, it counts :)

Starts January 1, 2010 and any book read between January 1, 2010 and December 31, 2010 counts :D

Anyone interested?

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Does sound like a good idea.

When we count everything, I bet we would be surprised on how many we read. For me anyway. I am reading two dog training manuals now, while I watch tv, but don't count them in the book challenge.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I'm in! I have tons of books here that I want to read, then donate to the library for their sale. I don't want to go to the library to get more books til I get the ones I have out of the house! I doubt I'll read 100, probably close to 15 or 20 though.

Reactions: nancycg56

·
19,119 Posts
Great idea Nancy, I'll be glad to join. Am a voracious reader and it would be interesting to see how many I actually read!! Mahalo for starting this.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Count me in!!!! I love to read and would be interested to see how much I can do in a year.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Mee, mee ,meee! I want to join! LOL! I love reading and have a ton of books here and from the library that I need to catch up on and start!!! Not sure even how to estimate how many books I'll read in a year! I go through spurts where I read alot for a couple weeks then I'll taper off and so on, so it's hard to tell! But it will be fun to keep track of!

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I'm currently trying to read a book each month. Seems sort of sad compared to 100 books in a year. Still, I'd love to share what I'm read in 2010. Perhaps this will encourage me to read all those books just wait on the shelves.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
I'm in! I want to read alot more next year as I kind of put it off lately. Need to get back into it. :)

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
This year i have read 33 books. I was shocked at how many books i had read. Count me in, now the challenge for me is to finish my current book before the 1st of January.

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Count me in...book reading is fun and relaxing and also provides me with some 'leave me alone I'm reading' QT with myself and keeping others at bay ;)

I have no clue how many books I can read in a year this will be fun too see.

·
Registered
7,619 Posts
I would love to join this. I probably won't make the 100 either because right now I'm into Victorian novels and some of those are LONG! But I agree it will be fun to see how many books I can read. I will probably be surprised. I'll add it to my signature now.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I am in also!

My "goals list" says 3 per month .. 1 fiction, 1 non-fiction, 1 mystery. I am going to go with that PLUS I have 3 text books that I will read starting Jan 11th.

I will also count my Emily Dickinson poetry book. It comes out to about 2 poems per night for the year. Oh, and my Breathnach book as well! LOL

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
I go through spurts where I read alot for a couple weeks then I'll taper off and so on, so it's hard to tell! But it will be fun to keep track of!
I do the same thing, hp.

I read 14 books last January but in July I was probably lucky to have read 2! As long as I stay off our library web site I do average. If I get a bunch on hold and then they tell me to come get them, which happened at the first of the year, well, then I turn into a reading fool! :laugh:

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.