Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So far I've seen that they have lots colorful pictures of the country...really beautiful pictures! Lots of heart-warming articles about the country life, recipes and some remembering how it was...They evening have a section where people write to ask for tips or if they are looking for something for their farm or home...or offer their services.

I tell you! It's a really homey and cozy magazine! :)

·
27,948 Posts
Is that one of the Rieman publications? If so they are also the ones who do Taste of Home, Reminisce, Birds & butterflies etc.
Nice magazines. Enjoy looking through them and daydreaming Lucie.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Lucie, this family of magazines is one I not only buy when I have a chance, I collect them!
I am looking for ward to subscribing to several,
Country
Country Extra
Country Woman
Country Handcrafts, I think its Crafting Traditions now though
Farm and Ranch Living
and the cooking ones!
I like the Reminisce and its Extra too!
I hope to get 1 subscription a month until I get all the ones I want.
The recipes are really cool!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, Darlene, it's a Rieman publication! So you know about it?! Isn't it a beautiful magazine!:)

Melissa! That's a great idea, suscribing to one a month, until you get them all! Are already receiving one of them?

Well, I want to try to extend the pleasure, byt not reading the 6 issues I have this week..lol...I'm not the patient type when it comes to nice magazines or books...:)

·
27,948 Posts
Yes, they are nice Lucie. I'm always happy when I find a new issue at our library.:)

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
These are very nice magazines, I especially like the beautiful photos and no advertising and used to subscribe to Country and Birds & Blooms, now I just get Country Woman. I cringe to say this as I will probably get beaten up, but I sold all the Country mags I had in a yard sale and I had at least 5 years worth, if only I'd known that you ladies were interested I could have shared them with you :sigh: Every time I have a yard sale it seems I sell something that I want back :(

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
If you like Country, dont' forget to check out good Old Days magazine. It isn't a pretty slick mag iwth lots of lovely photos, but it DOES have tons of articles about the way things used to be. I have learned soooo much from these amgazines. I subscribe to it and Goold Old Days Specials that come out every other month. Good Old Days is monthly. They are definitely worth the $!

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Lori, is there a wb site for that mag? If so please post it, I have never heard of it before.
Lucie, I have a bunch picked up from yard sales rightn ow that I am going through. I won't be able to subscribe until the car is paid off next month! I love them all though!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lori, thanks for that suggesting this magazine! It looks so good to read!:)

Dana...Try not to feel too bad about selling your magazines. Some else is enjoying them, now and all because of you.:heartsm: But if you ever want to sell more, tell us first! :D lol

Melissa, are you the one who bought Dana'a magazine at her garage sale? ;)

Anyone know about other great magazines like that, to read?

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I love that magazine. I love all the Reiman magazines. Country has the most beautiful photography in it.:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts