Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The power company just left from reading our meter so Jack figured out what the difference was between the last reading & this.Since the kids have gone off to college we have cut our consumption almost in half (53%) and that's with the dehumidifier going.

Woohoo! :yippee:

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
That's very good news. :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
That's great! I wish we could do that. We had a semi empty nest for a while. But, our 2 oldest "boys" are back so. we are back to a family of 6.

·
Registered
16,430 Posts
LOL! We noticed this this summer when our last went away for 2 months. The utilities dropped and the grocery bill dropped, while we ate better than ever!

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
My sister told me yesterday that since her youngest left and her second youngest is in London for a few months, her utilities bills have dropped by $200 and her phone bill has halved.

Viva la empty nest!

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by peanut
LOL! We noticed this this summer when our last went away for 2 months. The utilities dropped and the grocery bill dropped, while we ate better than ever!
Just got back from visiting & eating dinner at dd's for the first time, everything was wonderful. Still giddy~she fed us! How cool.:D

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Whoa, that's a big difference. For some reason I see no difference in our bill since ds left but we have gone through the hot season and the bills were about the same as last year even with the increase so I guess we have saved. But truely, the kid was never home when he lived at home, lol. Grocery bill is wayyyy down though. :D

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
How cool is that Darlene! :yippee:

So is Nicole a good cook? I bet she is with a teacher like you! ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts