Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Everyone,

Yes, I am pregnant. I have a 4 or 5 lb baby in my stomach at the moment. This is no surprise to me, and is not an astute observation in any way. No, I am not having twins. No, I should not have delivered this baby "yesterday", nor am I about to "lay down and have this baby right here on the floor." I am 34 weeks along. I estimate I will "lay down and have this baby" in about 4 - 6 weeks, in the hospital, as planned.

I am painfully (literally) aware that I look like a toothpick with an orange in the middle. It is not my choice that the baby decided to stick STRAIGHT OUT instead of stretching out the lenth of my very long torso. Telling me that I'm "huge" with a shocked look on your face is not endearing or appreciated. These comments are not productive, they only cause me to go home and try on all of my pre-pregnancy clothes in a panicked frenzy, trying to assure myself that the only weight I've gained is the belly. Furthermore, I actually have not gained enough weight according to the doctor, and your rude comments, no matter how well intentioned, are not helping matters in the slightest.

I know it is inviting, but my present rotund state does NOT, and I repeat does NOT, indicate in any way that I have suddenly become a constituent of a petting zoo. No, you may NOT touch my belly, especially if I don't know you. The baby is not going to kick just because you put your hand on there, although *I* may.

I am afraid it is getting to the point where I can no longer be held responsible for my actions if you continue to behave in this manner. The next person who touches my belly uninvited, or who makes general reference to my mid-section vocally or by gesture, may very well get their head taken off. Alternatively, if you continue to state the obvious, I may have to follow suit and remind you that you are fat, unintelligent, unattractive, or any other manner of equally rude and obvious observations.

That is all.

Much love,

Your Friendly Neighborhood Pregnant Woman

:soapbox: (Sorry...I feel better now...it has been a loooong week *sheepish smile* I had to say that somewhere or I was afraid I'd say it out loud to the next offender.)

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
OMG I hear ya! I will be sure not to touch your belly and expect the baby to kick as I wish not to get kicked by you and I will respect your space. With that said, warm wishes on the remainder of your pregnancy and you tell them like it is! :) :) :)

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Very funny. I know how you feel. each of my pregnancies, i had the same deal. :hugz:

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
BOY did this bring back memories! And although I can giggle about those incidents now (20 years later) I was definitely NOT amused at the time. I was shocked at the number of otherwise-well-mannered people who seemed to feel free to pat me in any situation - funeral, business meeting, security check, whatever. A kind smile was welcome, much more really wasn't.

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
I actually had people treat me as if I were the rude one, because I told them nto to touch my stomach, or I physically removed their hand from my stomach.

People just don't think. I had people telling me to quit eating so much because I had gained to much weight----I only gained 26 lbs my entired pregnancy.

I hate stupid people....hugs to you.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
I can remember those feelings vividly... I wanted to smack people's hands away! I was so sick that I literally LOST weight both times while pregnant, yet people told me I was getting fat. People just don't think!

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Ok, Now I feel bad for patting my neice's stomach today. She is 6 months along. I had and still have no intention of doing that again, just a little pat for family only kind of thing. Sorry.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I hear ya sista! With my 2nd, people would actually tell me I wasn't gaining enough weight. I felt like I was going to explode. And, like they are doing to you, were always touching me. I just wanted to scream "GET OFF OF ME!" Who wants to be touched when you feel HUGE, regardless of how much weight you have gained.
I wish you much luck in your last few weeks. It will be over before you know it. :) Thank goodness I won't be doing it again. ;)

·
Registered
473 Posts
Long overdue -- love that public announcement!

·
Registered
10,774 Posts
Good luck with your last few weeks! I remember that feeling all too well!

·
27,948 Posts
:clap: That is a momma if ever I heard one. Wishing you a relaxed easy going time of it and only authorized hands allowed.;)

·
Registered
460 Posts
I know just what you mean. I am a short, skinny girl and my babies jut right out in front of me. lol I have endured many comments through 4 pregnancies. It doesn't help that I look very young for my age and my hubby had to endure many evil eye 'I bet you are robbing the cradle' stares.

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
too funny!!!!!
better being a skinny person with just abelly then a large round ball like I was for both kids. lol
Both my inlaws sisters-- are size 5, aghhhhhhhhhhh when your regular like me a size 8 then turn into size 14, u get discouraged.

Look at it this way, u can get into your pre pregnancy pants 3 weeks later lol lol my inlaws did
Oh by the way hhuugsssss

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
good luck with your new buncle of joy. i remember the last few months/weeks were so uncomfortable. hang in there, you are almost done!!!

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
well said!

what is it about a pregnant woman that makes people think she's a petting zoo?

·
Registered
663 Posts
Yep I hear ya!

Total strangers touching your body and making comments to your face about your physical appearance . . . .is there EVER another time in your life when that type of behavior is acceptable?? Too funny and thank you very much for the memories!! Ha! Ha!

G

·
I can remember readind about a woman who whenever anyone touched her pregnant belly, she would just reach out and touch the other person's belly. Maybe you should try that!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts