Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Monday morning Malcom is screening (trying out) for Dev group. It's new seal team and it's really difficult to get in. He's been training for this for months now. Here is some of what he has to do just to get an interview...35 pull ups, as many situps and then pushups in 3 mins (they want a min of 140 each) a 3 mile run in 18 mins and then a 1/2 mile swim in the ocean in 14 mins. I know he will do well in all of these events but we are worried about the swim. You just can't predict mother nature and you never know what the current will be like in the water. I've been with him when he's practiced each event and he does better than the requirements. He's 15sec over on the swim. He's taking it easy this weekend to rest up for Monday morning. I'm nervous for him but I'm not letting him know :D There are around 75 (I think) trying out for this and they only take around 10 guys. If he gets this it will really help in his career. :D
I appreciate the thoughts and prayers in advance. :D

·
27,948 Posts
Wow, those guys are in top condition and then some!
I'll be thinking superstrong endurance thoughts for Malcom.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Well kiddo, you know I will be praying for him to do good in this.
Love ya.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Prayers, hopes and best wishes for you Malcolm. Keep up posted Daphne.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Good Luck Malcom!! :thumb:

Let us know how he does Daphne.

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
Sending prayers for Malcolm.:smball: Wow, talk about endurance! He must be in great shape! I wish him all the best!!!:smball:

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Sending prayers for Malcolm :angel2:

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
You can do it Malcom, we're all praying for you !!!!

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
thoughts and prayers are with you and Malcom!!!

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
I have no doubt he'll do great!!:)

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks ladies!! Tomorrow is the day!! He's so nervous but I know he'll do fine. But the weather isn't going to be good out in the ocean. Last I heard we are going to have 3-4 ft waves and a strong current. Keep your fingers crossed!! I'll keep you updated!! :D

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
He just left to head to the base. I have never seen him so nervous!! Hopefully I should know something by lunch time. I'm not even going to be able to concentrate at work thinking about this. Thanks for the good thoughts.

·
27,948 Posts
Go Malcom Go!!

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Good luck Malcom! :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts