Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
That is so heartfelt.

You just don't really truly appreciate the meaning of our soldiers being over there until it's your solider that has to go. As I've said several other times before I watched on 3 different occasions my DH pack his ruck and step on a plane and wondered to myself, "will I ever get to hold him again?" "Will our children ever get to play with their daddy again?".

I hear so many people saying this war we are fighting is dumb. I have one thing to ask those people, and that is" What if it had been your family member that was involved in 9-11 or any of the terrorist attacks? Would you be happy knowing that our government did nothing to protect us from this ever happening again? Or what if you lived in that region and your loved ones had been killed and buried in a mass grave and you just found out about it, Could you sleep through the night knowing that your children, husband,wife, mother, dad, sister, brother,grandparents could be taken and killed at any given moment?

I think NOT! I praise our brave men and women that chose to put their lives on the line so I can sleep safely at night.

So to all of you who are still active duty , Give your soldier a big thank you and hug from my family. and May God bless and keep each and everyone of you.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I just would like to say, that tribute was so beautiful, and the tears I cried were from sadness, happiness, and gratitude. It breaks my heart every time I think of the many soldiers who are fighting this war for "US"!

I just want to tell all here who have someone, husband, brother, father, in Iraq, or overseas, Thank You. And I daily pray for them. I am glad I can say that I am one of those people praying for them.

Matthew served in the Army when we first were married. He never had to go to war, which I thank God for, but he served his country none the less. During times like we are in now, he feels guilty for not being there with his "brothers". The military is more than some think of it as. It is a family. And I just want all the military spouses here to know that Matthew and I are ever so grateful for you and all your spouses do for this GREAT country!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts