Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I made a bunch of treats and put them in tins and on wrapped trays, then I set them all on top of my deep freeze (because its in my basement and itll stay cool) but I smiled when I saw all those treats on that freezer. My grandma passed away 18 years ago and every year she used to set all the deserts on the freezer on Christmas day because we had so much food we ran out of counter space LOL.
One of my Christmas smiles is treats on top of a deep freeze....name one of your small Christmas smiles.....

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Tonight the cartoon, 'The Grinch Who Stole Christmas' was on and my MOM would not let me change the channel! She said she started watching it every year since I was six, then with my brother, my son, my brothers oldest son and his younger son. All grandkids are older snow but every year she still insists on watching that cartoon. That brought a smile to my face tonight. :)

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
My Christmas smile this year was from my DS2. Decorating the tree is his self appointed job. The middle of the pre-lite tree burned out. My DH pulled out the lights he bought on an after Christmas clearance rack for him so he could fill in the unlit middle. By the time DS2 was finished, our 4 foot tree had 700 lights on it. It's so bright we could bring planes in or signal ships at sea. I'm positive that it can be seen from the space shuttle. :)

I had to stop him, we have 200 more lights! *giggles*

·
27,948 Posts
Last night after dinner we were just sipping something nice and warming by the fire and looking at the tree and talking about various ornaments and remembering how they came to be part of our past, present & future. Lots of good memories on that tree, placed there year after year by people we love, some that are still with us, others who are not but will always be in our hearts.

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
Had a few of them over the past few days.

At gramma's house, Wesley got a small stuffed puppy in his stocking that he had asked me for at Hobby Lobby and was told no. He loves this little fella (named Scrap) with all his heart. He even made it go potty last night before bed, by holding it over the potty. Well before Wesley crashed last night, he asked me to please make Scrap a present because he didn't want Scrap not to have a present on his first Christmas. So at 1 in the morning, I whipped out my knitting needles and some yarn and knitted a quick little blankie for Scrap.

Fast forward to this morning, Wesley comes downstairs with Scrap. He opened one or two of his presents from Santa, then asked (in stage whisper) if I remembered Scrap's present. I pointed out the little gift bag and Wesley took Scrap over to unwrap his present. Made me the sleepiness melt away.

Another smile was when Wesley unwrapped his new SWAT uniform and his whole face lit up as he proclaimed: YAY! I can be just like my daddy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.