Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Valentines day heart shaped cake

I saw this on hgtv site too. A quick way to make a heart shaped cake, if you don't have a heart pan.
Add some cinnamon candies to decorate.

Sara

·
Registered
916 Posts
I actually made one of these for my dh one year. I had forgoten all about it. It was the first year we were married and I made a candle light dinner for him. I even moved the table out of the eat-in kitchen of the house we were renting and put it into the living room, because I thought it would be more elegant. lol It wouldn't have been so bad except I was pregnant. Dh was not a happy camper when he realized I had moved the table by myself. lol

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:heartsm:

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
View attachment 13500 Ok, so here's a way to make a super easy Valentine's cake on a shoestring budget:

Make a cake mix, any ole' cake mix....or make your cake recipe from scratch, doesn;t matter. Pour the batter in a round pan AND a square pan. Bake.

When cool, take your cakes out of the pans and do this:

take the square cake and put in in front of you like a diamond (point pointing down), then take your round cake and cut it in half. Take the two halves and put the cut part on each of the "top" side of the diamond...... what shape do you have???? A HEART!! Frost it all together and you have yourselves an easy and economical Vday cake.

Listen, if I can do this ANYONE can do it!!!

Here's a picture of one that I made a few years ago - I plan on doing it again tomorrow too!!

Happy Heart Cake Making!!

:)

(ok, so I tried to turn this picture so it wouldn't be sideways......but I'd have to be more technically savvy than I am to accomplish that!!) :)

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
So cool!! Thanks for sharing. I will definitely be doing that tomorrow! :stir:

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Very cute. I always forget about this idea until it's too late. :laugh:

·
Registered
158 Posts
yummmmm! i'm not too much into baking this yr....everything is 10x harder when using 1 hand :(

great cakes tho....will tuck that idea away for next yr.

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
This is how the kids & I make our heart-shaped cakes too :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts