Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our local library has three or four years worth of back issues of Mother Earth magazine! What a wealth of knowledge I've gleaned from that magazine! Do you subscribe to ME or have you found other periodicals to be so similar or greater value to your green efforts?

·
Registered
346 Posts
I like the Australian magazines Grass Roots and Earth Garden. They are very similar to Mother Earth. I have saved every copy I have bought and in the last 5 years I have just been borrowing them from the library too. They are linked to Facebook if you want some green tips from them. I might look up Mother Earth on Facebook.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I get Mother Earth emails, don't quite remember how I got signed up, but I like them. My absolute favorite magazine of all time is Backwoods Home. Not the political slant, but the actual info contained in it and I read every word Jackie Clay writes.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
I remember Mother Earth News from my childhood.

I still can not pass by Mother Earth News at a newsstand without thinking fondly of my father. I miss him so.

·
Registered
9 Posts
have several bought or found at library in their book sale room like a lot of the stuff................trying to work a lot of it on my place

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes Grass Roots is a very similar to mother earth
I would certainly recommend it

·
Registered
675 Posts
I subscribe to Mother Earth News and a few others. I recently ordered the dvd of Mother Earth News articles from all the years up to 2013.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just got the a year's worth of back issues of Mother Earth News for FREE from the library's "Free Books and Magazines" rack! SO excited!

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The advice is timeless and the tips shared are absolutely doable.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Mother Earth has another magazine called mother earth living. Its great! My sister gave it to me( a subscription) one birthday, and now it's at one of my local libraries.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts