Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
4,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My DH is heading out of town for business this afternoon and won't be returning till Friday.

So I'm hosting a party thread:

If you could plan your own party, what would you throw yourself?

Budget: Virtual Cost is no object :)
Guests: Frugal Villagers

Plan for theme, food, drinks, party favors and entertainment!!!

Lets get some ideas rolling and see if any of us get arrested. :p

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
a ladies luncheon

fine china luncheon plates
the good luncheon size silver
real linen luncheon napkins
the glass rim soup bowls
the gumbo spoons
crystal goblets

pink carnations

sams croissants
cream of V8 soup with dill
kemmas white chicken breast salad with chopped celery and halved grapes, curry powder in the mayo (optional)
tossed green salad with simple EVOO and balsamic vinegar
fruit ambrosia or some sort of jello salad
sweet and unsweet tea

iced water

petit fours or cake with a butter frosting
coffee, tea, milk, sugar

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Ice down his favorite beer and I'll toast him with everyone I drink. :D
beer with petit fours? aghast! :toothy::toothy:

·
27,948 Posts
I'd throw a big BBQ here where you all dressed casually bringing a favorite dish to go with steak & seafood, burgers & dogs. Ice cold beer, soda, daiquiri's, lemonade... There'd be music, dancing, horseshoes, badminton, volleyball, fishing & swimming in the creek.... A definite relaxing lets have fun time. :thumb:

Reactions: QM

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Oh come on you guys. We are going on a cruise. And we will be on the cruise for two weeks. Just need to figure out where we want to go. Personally I would like to take a cruise around europe. Did I mention that the cruise is free and we have all the really great cabins.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
ooooooh, Kemma, I LOVE that kind of curried chicken salad! Mine calls for diced apples, walnuts, and mango chutney in the mix, though. (grapes, too) Yum.

I actually MADE petit fours once. Key word there is ONCE. They are a Pain in the Tuckus to make. Messy, too. I'll (virtually) bring some to the party, but they'll be from a (virtual) bakery.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Russ, you're not going to use your own chickens for the wings, are you? :nerv2:

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I'm thinking a costume party!! Who will you dress up as?????

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
I'd throw a big BBQ here where you all dressed casually bringing a favorite dish to go with steak & seafood, burgers & dogs. Ice cold beer, soda, daiquiri's, lemonade... There'd be music, dancing, horseshoes, badminton, volleyball, fishing & swimming in the creek.... A definite relaxing lets have fun time. :thumb:
I like this idea...I will bring something easy...how about chilled fruit cocktail.

·
27,948 Posts

·
19,119 Posts
I want a party around our pool - food prepared by beach boys --
sashimi, steaks, lobster, arugula salad, asparagus with hollandaise sauce, chicken with papaya, sliced pineapple.

Chilled champagne, tropical drinks for those who want them.

Then in the evening - some of my favorite local entertainers to serenade us with Hawaiian music and dance.

·
27,948 Posts
Cabana boys?

Reactions: Michelle68

·
Premium Member
3,524 Posts
I want a party around our pool - food prepared by beach boys --
sashimi, steaks, lobster, arugula salad, asparagus with hollandaise sauce, chicken with papaya, sliced pineapple.

Chilled champagne, tropical drinks for those who want them.

Then in the evening - some of my favorite local entertainers to serenade us with Hawaiian music and dance.
MM, this is my idea of a party! Count me in!! :cheergrl:

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I'll take my cabana boy tall, dark and oiled please!

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
... :mdance: ...

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.