Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just looking through the new Bed Bath and Beyond flyer and saw what seems to me a particularly pointless kitchen gadget: a banana slicer. Here's the thing on their website:

Bananza™ Banana Slicer - Bed Bath & Beyond

The flyer picture was better. It has 6 parallel blades, like a pastry blender. You stick the banana through it and, I guess, sqeeze it.

It's not even like bananas are hard to cut! Am I missing something here?

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
ACK!!!! Maybe for people with no thumbs.

And they will sell a million of these for people who has found nothing else to buy for the day. They will stick it on an endcap and someone will go OOOHHHHHH! Geesh....just how hard is it to slice a banana and how perfect does the circlle have to be...ugh...as they say...there's one born every minute

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
People are pure lazy...why use a knife to cut a banana 6 different times, when all you have to do is squeeze once with this gadget! LOL I wouldn't pay for something like that every!

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hotprincess - its' worse than that. It doesn't even cut the banana all at once ime. Maybe 2" of it? You have to keep sliding the banana through.

·
19,119 Posts
I would hate to have to wash it too!! Yup - can just see these now - in so many stockings at Christmas!!

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
got a smile out of that but probably the one that invented it will be smiling all the way to the bank but not with my money.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
That is hilarious!

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
I bet Martha Stewart would use the banana slicer. :D

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
I'd probably use it. Why? Bananas are so slimy and they gross me out. Every time I touch one, I want to throw up. It's so bad. :(

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Fun post! It's #1 on my Useless Gadget List and here's #2:

Nana Saver™ Banana Saver Clip - Bed Bath & Beyond
My mother didn't know until I had children that if you left the skin on the unused part of the banana that it would not go off color and you could save the banana for latter

She actually said "So I ate the rest of your bananas when you were growing up for nothing?" she would eat the other half just because I was little and couldn't eat the whole thing yet. When I was old enough I was required to not wast it and finish the whole banana in one sitting no matter what.

I would have loved if this had been around when I was a child so I wouldn't of had too. My children learned the skin on the banana trick at 2 years old. when they were a bit older they learned you can put some plastic wrap over the exposed end and get no discolored parts at all. So no need for a protector here.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
I can't figure out how the banana slicer works :dunce:

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
hahaha! That made me smile! I see an assortment of kitchen gadgets like that- avacado, onion, tomato, lime saver.

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
This is too funny - the banana keeper? Seriously?

Why would anyone want to hurt this lil guy? :fdance:

·
4,028 Posts
Buy.com - Victorio Kitchen Products 571B Banana Slicer

I received one of these with my dehydrator. Another waste of plastic! It doesn't cut as much as it mushes the bananas. :(

I love the little guillotine style..... Even better is that it boasts having a dull blade so children can use it safely! ROFL Let me sell all my dull knives to children. hehehehe

·
Registered
656 Posts
I can cut/mush bananas with a pastry blender just fine. :)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Isn't there a more useful way to use plastic...oh I know! How about for Happy Meals toys. Jeez, get a knife already! A metal one!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts