Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... and I almost beat her!

I was in the Dollar General store, and had Maria in her stroller. It was a hot day, but the air conditioning in the store was cold, so I had a blanket over Maria's legs. This woman walks up, peeks in the stroller, tells me how cute Maria is, and then UNCOVERS MY BABY, and says "don't you think she's too hot?" and proceeds to move the blanket away. :mad: I was almost speechless... I just said "no, she's fine" and wheeled away. The woman followed me continuing to tell me how she's got five kids and all... can you imagine the NERVE? I would never touch someone else's child like that, and especially a total stranger!

I know I'm over-reacting, but it just really shocked me.
Some people just have no common sense! :)

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
In this day and age with kids being stolen right and left, she would have been lucky if I didn't punch her. She had no business touching your baby. If she wanted to make a comment on her being too hot (which is just a bunch of baloney - moms know when their babies are too hot or anything else) she could have done it without touching her. Oh I would have blown up:toothy:

pat

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
OMG! Some people. I would have asked her, "do you mind?" I can't believe she had the nerve to follow you through the store.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Oh my goodness!:eek: I can't believe that! Some people don't respect others for sure! She may have 5 kids, but still, it's none of her buissness! I don't do things like that, even if I had 4 kids...geez...So sorry to hear you had to go through this...

·
27,948 Posts
What a loony.:loop: No right at all to touch you let alone your baby.

On a lighter note~ I wonder if she walks around yanking up the pants of workers who have their crack showing. Somebody should do that.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Id have hit the roof!!! Sheesh, some people need to have their hands smacked!

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
I don't think you are overreacting at all!!!!!! She had no buisness touching your baby!!!! I think I would have had to flip out on her!!!!

·
Spendthrift Guru aka KarlaBob
1,479 Posts
What is it about babies that makes some women go banana's??...what this gal did was down right rude and disrespectful...I think some think that only they are 'right"and are to willing to share there opinions with everyone.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Darlene :D you are too funny.

Amy, I don't think you overreacted at all. I would have been just as upset if someone had the nerve to touch my baby. She had no manners or couth what-so-ever. I am sure she is the same type of person who goes around touching pregnant women's tummies. I had a person walk up to me in a store and start rubbing my big ole pregnant tummy and telling me it was good luck to rub a pregnant woman's tummy when I was pregnant with oldest DS. I was so young and naive I just stood there and looked at her like she was nuts.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Darlene, LOL, you are too funny. Are you volunteering for this new job? :laugh:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Darlene you crack me up!
Amy that woman sounds like Grade A wierdo. I would have been just as upset.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
She's lucky you were as nice as you were.. If it had been me, I'd of given her what's for.. There are some places you just don't go........

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
I am always hot, but I would NEVER assume that it was OK to yank off a blanket! The baby might have a MEDICAL reason to need that blnaket! Some people are born idiots...

·
27,948 Posts
AmyMCGS said:
Darlene, LOL, you are too funny. Are you volunteering for this new job? :laugh:
Nope, I'm not touching that!!:yikes:

Crack kills.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
OMG! Just because she has 5 kids doesn't make her a better mother than you, nor does it make her an expert on other people's children.

When ds was about 5 months old, we had a warm snap toward the end of winter (I think it was March) and it got into the 60's. I went into a store with ds dressed in jeans and a T-shirt, I was dressed the same. Some lady in a full length wool coat, comes up and starts talking to ds saying some crap like "When mommy gets you home, she should bundle you up because it's too cold for you to be dressed like that today" I turned around and told her I dress him the same way I dress myself, so if I'm fine, he's fine.

People like that are just so clueless and just need to be put in their place. I can't believe she followed you around the store afterwards. She must be lonely.

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
That is sad! some people don't know how to respect others space! I would have thanked her and then put the blanked back on!

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
i probably would have smacked her with the blanket. i don't care how many children someone has, if you don't know me and my child, don't assume you know more about my child than me.
i wouldn't have minded if someone asked if the child was too hot, but to remove the blanket without asking you is down right rude and presummuptious (sp). i have had older women offer advice about both of my kids before and i just let it go in one ear and out the other. oh and strangers rubbing a preggo tummy drives me nuts too. would they go up to any other stranger to rub their tummy too?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts