Frugal Village Forums banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Holy COW! WOW what a list!

Several of my favourites in there, and plenty I've never heard of, and need to get moving on.

Thankyou for that CJ, I can print that list out and take it to the library and get them to order stuff in on interlibrary loan if they dont' have it.
Canadian gardener, that really is quite a list. And with that in mind, I'm hoping you could list a few of your favorites for me. Always appreciate the opinion of someone who's read already.

Thanks so much!

Theresa :)

and CJ, thanks to you too for putting that together for us! :)!

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is a great list. Since I am a beginner in simplifying life, I should get going.

I would recommend the book I am currently reading:

The Joy of Less, by Francine Jay

·
Registered
409 Posts
This is an AWESOME LIST! Has anyone ever thought about starting a Book group to go over the useful information in the books?

I WOULD LOVE this..... as Most people around where I live think I am crack pot except for the people at the Alive and Well Clinic where they teach Yoga and Meditation.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Thanks for this list !

·
Registered
292 Posts
:bump:

just found this thread tonight and thought maybe it could help some others. I'm always hunting for new books to check out at the library. and always looking for something new to learn :thumb:

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
thanks for bumping this thread!! I have printed out the list!! Let it snow and I will read!!!

·
Super Moderator
2,134 Posts
I read a good book called "Meanwhile, Next Door to the Good Life" by a neighbor of the Nearings. Very eye-opening!! The Nearings had this "If we can do it, anyone can do it" attitude, yet they got TONS of help from all the people who came to visit them. I doubt they could have been "Self-sufficient" well into their old age without all the free labor.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Use a Calendar,this is a must-have organizaitonal tool for any single parent trying to run a household, raise kids, and earn a living at the same time. Get into the habit of adding new events to your calendar daily and checking your calendar each evening to see what's coming up for the next day. In addition, teach your kids to add their own important events to the familiy calendar, so that you can stay abreast of projects, school events, and more.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts