Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love October - although there are so many events for our family, I enjoy the simplicity of how we celebrate:)
Last weekend, we were involved with Realmscon (the anime convention here). Dd won the Judges' Favorite award for her "Young Link" costume -complete w/bunny ears & sword & shield......now this weekend is our oldest ds birthday - he's 25 -we also have planned a Halloween cookie party, decorating the younger Houseapes' club house (turning it into a haunted house), and painting faces on miniature pumpkins.
Caleb turns 12 on the 20th...then there's Halloween & more activities/movies/games & homemade treats:).
It's almost as busy as December.lol Anyone else have a busy October? How do you celebrate? I'd love to hear all of your ideas:)

·
19,119 Posts
Love your plans for October!! It's one of my favorite months also. DH and I got married 28 years ago in Oct. Holiday celebrations come to life - love the coolness as summer passes by (no matter where we live!!)

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Whoa..my youngest grand-daughter went to that con (in Corpus?). Haven't got a report from her on it. I know some one who's due to get a phone call tonight..............
Yes, it was held in Corpus at the American Bank Center. Some of the cosplay costumes were incredible...you could tell that the cosplayers had put alot of time into creating them.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
The anime conventions are a treasure trove of creativity. I've never been to one, but the times I've dropped my DD off at the one here in San Antonio, I've seen the participants in their costumes. They are AMAZING! Congrats to your DD on her win. :) We are busy,too, but mainly because my DS is in the high school band and this is the busy season with football games, band festivals and competitions. I love the idea of creating a haunted house in the club house. We always intended to do that,too, but just this year we converted the clubhouse into a shed . I bet the kids will have a great time with their haunted club house. The weather here (as in Corpus) has been beautiful this week. Perfect south Texas October weather. I love this time of the year and it sounds like y'all have the perfect plans for celebrating it.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
I'm leaving on the 15th for Texas and Oklahoma
My #3 sons b-day is on the 10th.
Fern
Fern, what part of Texas will you be visiting?

·
Registered
2,618 Posts

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
I hope so too. My youngest just had a baby boy and he makes #14 grandkid, Then off to Ok to see my oldest son and his family. I did see everyone in March but I want happy memorys not sad ones.
Fern

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Around here it's been in the low 80's for the high and the 50's-60's for the low with very low humidity. Heaven for us. :D

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
sounds like it.......... Then I don't need a jacket. I want to see parts of Tx and Ok who knows when I'll get the chance to go again,
Fern

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.